Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2015, 07:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Activity Notices

Is there a way to disable the new activity notification when the new activity is mine? Like, for example, when I put up a new post, and then move on, up at the top right it indicates there's new activity. But it's just my new post being noticed. So I go to check it out, and the only thing new is what I just posted.

Just a little quibble. Be nice if it skipped alerting me in these instances, since it was me!

03-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That does not happen to me. Maybe because I am using Ad Block Plus. It is free and it works.
03-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidSKAF3 Quote
Is there a way to disable the new activity notification when the new activity is mine? Like, for example, when I put up a new post, and then move on, up at the top right it indicates there's new activity. But it's just my new post being noticed. So I go to check it out, and the only thing new is what I just posted. Just a little quibble. Be nice if it skipped alerting me in these instances, since it was me!
This shouldn't ever happen with one exception: if you've just quick-replied to a thread that you're subscribed to, the notification won't be cleared until after you open another page (any page) or do a refresh.

Which notifications are you getting?

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
That does not happen to me. Maybe because I am using Ad Block Plus. It is free and it works.
I don't think this has anything to do with it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is an example of a screenshot taken just after I posted one Quick Reply in the Aviation Group. Just a minor quibble. Like you said it is a Quick Reply. I have to check if it also does this when I start a new thread for example or post in someone else's thread. Even so. No biggie through. Thanks for answering.

03-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah, the social group notifications might be a bit more quirky. But I think they should still work in the same way and be cleared after a full refresh if you post a reply or mark the group as read.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes I had to reload the page 2x to clear your one single reply.

---------- Post added 03-29-15 at 12:40 AM ----------

test test
03-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I seldom have any glitches here....when I do, most are because I failed to read the instructions or didn't follow the ones I read. The rest I just blame on the squirrels that roam this place. You know, a bunch of loose roaming squirrels can cause a lot of problems...in particular when they get hungry and start gnawing on stuff. I've added all kinds of malware filters....but everyone on earth knows how hard it is to squirrel proof anything.

Regards!