Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

File sizes/compression

Hi

hitting Post Reply and uploading using the Manage Attachments a file of about 880kb comes up at around 35kb after uploading. Why is that? What am I missing?

Been some 2 years since I was on the forum last but cant recall any issues of this sort.

Enlighten me pls

Thanks
Nick

05-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Nero Quote
Hi

hitting Post Reply and uploading using the Manage Attachments a file of about 880kb comes up at around 35kb after uploading. Why is that? What am I missing?

Been some 2 years since I was on the forum last but cant recall any issues of this sort.

Enlighten me pls

Thanks
Nick
If your file is above the attachment resolution limit (1280x800), it will automatically be scaled down to that size. If you'd like to upload larger photos, you can use the user photo gallery which doesn't do any scaling as long as you're under 1.5Mb for filesize.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

I posted this a while back, a gift for Otis from Parallax, and when I posted it here the sack was bulging full and unopened. Somewhere in transit through the internet, the squirrels decided to downsize it before it was posted.

Regards!

Some things like pecans can't even be posted....squirrels get them no matter how many times you upload.
05-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I posted this a while back, a gift for Otis from Parallax, and when I posted it here the sack was bulging full and unopened. Somewhere in transit through the internet, the squirrels decided to downsize it before it was posted.

Regards!

Some things like pecans can't even be posted....squirrels get them no matter how many times you upload.

Were all nuts........at least I know Im one....mostly ;-)

05-11-2015, 01:13 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sometimes I have to make a copy of my image and super sharpen it before uploading it or it comes out softer no matter what the file size ?
05-11-2015, 05:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Nero Quote
Were all nuts........at least I know Im one....mostly ;-)
Yes we are! It is why this is Otis' favorite internet site!

Regards!