Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Astro area?

Moderator Contact Form Message

I know that this has been requested previously. Would it be possible to have an addition in the "Photography" area for AstroPhotography. I know if you do it for one specialty, that other requests will follow, but I think that this would help in a couple of ways, especially with Pentax having the GPS/Astrotracking capability. Also it could be titled "Astro - Night - Low Light - GPS Shooting" or something along those lines and take in a number of related/associated areas.

There are several active threads that could be pulled into this area for starters (there are also several GPS threads in various places).Yes there is a Social Group for Astro that does have some activity - however the two threads above are the main areas of activity. Having it up front and in view of everyone would help collect this similar activity on the Forum. The Social Groups tend to be off the beaten path.

Questions or threads on GPS related topics (usually Astrotracking) tend to be scattered around. This would help collect the thoughts.

05-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm happy with the current granularity of the forums. All astrophotography-related threads should to go in our photographic technique forum, which would be perfectly-suited for both threads listed above.

I know that we currently have a dedicated section for macro, but I'm actually considering merging it with the technique forum and post your photos, since most of the threads are just sharing photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: