Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Posting a Photo HELP!

I registered for the forum back in December and tried to post a photo for the first time from my website (through SmugMug) and in short it did not post successfully. I'm pretty new to forums in general and was hoping someone could help me out. I tried to figure it out with instructions on the forum, but I just can't seem to have any luck. Firstly, is it possible to link to a photo on my website and for it to show up on the forum, or must I upload a photo every time? If I can, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

06-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You can put the URL of your picture between "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" tags, without the quotes.
06-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
So if I wanted to post a pic it should look like this?
06-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/6-how-upload-link-pho...tart-here.html

06-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbriginshawphotograp Quote
So if I wanted to post a pic it should look like this?
Yes, except you want to grab the link to the image, not a link to a page with the image

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm going to try again:

---------- Post added 06-04-15 at 07:04 PM ----------

Rats, I think smugmug makes it weird to isolate the image.
06-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm going to try again:

---------- Post added 06-04-15 at 07:04 PM ----------

Rats, I think smugmug makes it weird to isolate the image.
Yup, they sure do. Here's the direct URL to your image:

http://www.jbriginshawphotography.com/Galleries/Themes/Wildlife/i-5XQpb42/1/X2/untitled-43-2-X2.jpg

The bbcode for embedding the image:

[img]http://www.jbriginshawphotography.com/Galleries/Themes/Wildlife/i-5XQpb42/1/X2/untitled-43-2-X2.jpg[/img]

The result:

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

^ I think SmugMug might be blocking because I don't see the image in your post, Adam. I can't even get to it directly with that URL. Just shows a blank page for me.
06-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The images do not show for new viewer, they may be showing if they were cached by the submitter such as Adam or the OP, but I just tried it and on refresh the image disappears.

Perhaps the OP needs to change a setting on their gallery as described here in protection or security options:
Where are my gallery settings? | SmugMug
06-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I'm going to play around with it tomorrow and see what I come up with. It might be a setting on Smugmug that I havent considered, as you suggested Crew. I may contact smugmug as well, they do have great support.
06-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
^ I think SmugMug might be blocking because I don't see the image in your post, Adam. I can't even get to it directly with that URL. Just shows a blank page for me.
Guess they are blocking hotlinking (non-smugmug embeds) too. Man they're trying really hard!

Adam

06-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
I contacted smugmug and they figured out that I had a setting switched off - I'm hoping that this will work now:

06-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It works, and a great shot too!
06-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'm hoping that this will work now:
Your in the Rock & Roll business now, bring it on.
06-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by klavrack Quote
This is our first use of our favorite lens on the K-1. The tilting monitor and focus peaking for macro are two factors that helped us stay with Pentax for FF.
That looks like a link to the page with the photo. To successfully embed the photo you'll want a link to the actual photo (it will almost always end in .JPG).

Adam