Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reported Post by Colbyt

I am attempting to use this backdoor method to advise mods and Adam that something is wrong with the reply to thread function. Even though I I type a reply at least as long as this one, I get a "message to short" error.

07-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

What browser are you using, and do you have any problematic addons like script blockers, ad blockers, or form auto-fill? We haven't changed anything with regard to how posting works recently so I'm inclined to think that this is an addon issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-19-2015, 05:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The problem was on my end.

I use FF and noscript because of some other forums I visit. Some setting must have changed with an update. "Allowing all" on a page here solved the problem.
07-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Great that that did the trick! Now that I think about it, if you were to disable the fancy editor and use the simple text box for replies (in your user cp options), that would also eliminate the error even if scripts are being blocked.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just FYI, whatever noscript blocked it also blocked the nifty little drop down menus like Forum >mark forums read. When I figured that out, i knew it was on 'my end'.

I never intended to block anything here. You are not one of those greedy webmasters who forces members to view a 1000 ads per post.