Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Leaving Feedback on this Forum is Next To Impossible

I am a fairly computer savvy guy. I am a webmaster who currently operates a popular website. I've owned, developed, and maintained 3 websites since 2000.

Also, I'm a long term Ebayer with over 1200 transactions behind my belt.

I'm fairly new to this forum. Recently I've purchased and sold a few items here, but for the life of me it's far too complicated to leave feedback here. I've given up on trying to leave feedback for anyone.

Moderators, site owner, please consider a complete overhaul of your feedback system. Maybe something like I use over at the Fuji X Forum might be worth considering.

08-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm far from being computer savy, and I've had no problem leaving feedback/receiving feedback for every transaction I've had in the Marketplace. Why do you feel it's too complicated?
08-28-2015, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

It is a little strange, but not that difficult. Just go to the marketplace thread you bought from, and click "leave feedback" under the seller's profile. If you were the seller, go to the buyer's profile, hit the feedback tab and leave feedback. You'll need the url of the marketplace thread also. Just takes a minute, and is appreciated...
08-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It is a little strange, but not that difficult. Just go to the marketplace thread you bought from, and click "leave feedback" under the seller's profile. If you were the seller, go to the buyer's profile, hit the feedback tab and leave feedback. You'll need the url of the marketplace thread also. Just takes a minute, and is appreciated...
it really isn't difficult. I think I have over 100 transactions here that have FB.

Having the URL is the issue. When buying I Subscribe to the thread so I can find it after my item arrives (the seller has often marked the item Sold by that time) and leave FB within the actual FS post.

08-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you were the buyer, in the thread you bought the item from, there's a big bold "leave feedback" link under the seller's username. You don't even need to copy the thread url - just click on the link and it will take you to feedback form.

Similarly, sellers simply need to click on the "leave feedback" link in the buyer's reply. If the buyer did not reply to your for sale thread, then you can leave feedback manually via his or her profile.

Once you receive feedback, you'll get a PM with a link to return feedback.

If you feel that any of these links are too hard to spot, let me know specifically which ones are confusing and I'll see what can be done.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I am a fairly computer savvy guy. I am a webmaster who currently operates a popular website. I've owned, developed, and maintained 3 websites since 2000.
Maybe you are just too smart? It does happen! Listen, if old Rupert, well known for having difficulty at the simplest of tasks, has no problem in using Feedback....maybe you need to try to "dumb down" a little? Works for me...of course, for me it just comes natural!

Best Regards!