Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
Pentaxian

New Font?

Did the font used in text of posts just change or is there an option somewhere to change it? (I tried looking at the forum with cleared cookies, so whatever this is seems to be the default.)

I am having trouble reading the posts this morning -- can I have the old one back? (Seems to be mostly a matter of spacing -- was the old one a monospaced font?) Anyway, this hurts my brain -- down vote from me.

09-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't see that anything has changed.
09-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No difference here either. If I have problems reading a post, I use my scroll wheel and the ctrl key, and scroll up, making the text bigger.
09-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It is definitely different, but it may just be kerning or line spacing. I mean the font is very similar but the formatting is not. Even on a different browser using a clean, private session and not logging in it is different. Unless my whole machine decided to render differently overnight? I will check on a different machine. It is only the text in posts, nothing else (like this text you are reading now).

---------- Post added 09-02-15 at 11:04 AM ----------

Hmmm....does seem to be my machine, but it is only this forum that is affected (that I can find). I did just install LibreOffice, so I can only think that it installed a new font that is higher up on the priority list of the "font family" that this forum is asking to use, or I lost a font in the process.

So, I guess it is my problem. Nevermind.

---------- Post added 09-02-15 at 11:25 AM ----------

Yep, LibreOffice installed a bunch of fonts, including "Open Sans", which is in-fact listed deep in the css style sheets for this site as having a higher priority than Arial. Argh. Now I have to override it so I can read the forum again...

09-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it's hard for me to read this forum today but since the Font looks the same I suppose it's my hangover.
09-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yay! Figured out how to override. Good thing I'm clever...and not hungover.

I wish to thank everyone that supported me during this difficult time.
09-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Yay! Figured out how to override. Good thing I'm clever...and not hungover.

I wish to thank everyone that supported me during this difficult time.
Open sans was originally the post font, but that was reverted a while back. The remnants of it weren't intentional so arial should now take priority.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Open sans was originally the post font, but that was reverted a while back. The remnants of it weren't intentional so arial should now take priority.
Meaning you just changed it just now? Checking the style file where I found it earlier, I see it is now behind arial instead of first...
09-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Meaning you just changed it just now? Checking the style file where I found it earlier, I see it is now behind arial instead of first...
Several years ago, actually. But open sans is now behind arial for good.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Several years ago, actually. But open sans is now behind arial for good.
That's what I mean -- you changed (just now, today) what I saw this morning in the style file? Because that file is different (from this morning) -- I just turned off the override I put in my browser earlier, and now it is not needed.
09-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's what I mean -- you changed (just now, today) what I saw this morning in the style file? Because that file is different (from this morning) -- I just turned off the override I put in my browser earlier, and now it is not needed.
Yes I made the changes (fixes) after I saw your post here.

Adam

09-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes I made the changes (fixes) after I saw your post here.
Ok. Just making sure I don't need to make an appointment with the neurologist...
09-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I think you have choices on the background color etc? I'm using the white and find it perfect for me...... and the font and general view to be pleasing and easy to view, even for long periods of time.

Overall the site is well kept in order and not a problem to maneuver once accustomed to the layout. I'd give it a 9 out of a possible 10 compared to other similar sites. It would get a 10 except for the damn roaming squirrels, but they do help keep down nut debris and are mostly well behaved....mostly.

Regards!