Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
photo rotation

The photo that I uploaded to my album does not have the correct orientation. I rotated it on my computer but I returns to landscape format on your site. What do I need to do to correct this? I did not see a means to do this on your site.

09-08-2015, 01:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by degral Quote
The photo that I uploaded to my album does not have the correct orientation. I rotated it on my computer but I returns to landscape format on your site. What do I need to do to correct this? I did not see a means to do this on your site.
You can't do it after you upload. It's possible that when you rotated the image on your computer, just the metadata was updated but not the image itself. You have to make sure the image itself is rotated.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2015, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can't do it after you upload. It's possible that when you rotated the image on your computer, just the metadata was updated but not the image itself. You have to make sure the image itself is rotated.
thank you I'll try that.
09-08-2015, 05:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by degral Quote
The photo that I uploaded to my album does not have the correct orientation. I rotated it on my computer but I returns to landscape format on your site.
I've had similar problems with my K10D and my K-01. Not with this site, but with the FastStone software my camera club uses to display images for competition. The image would look fine on my computer...would look fine to the competition chairperson when I'd send my pics in for competition...but they'd flip when displayed using FastStone. I never did get it straightened out. I just created a "work around" by turning off the auto-orientation feature on my cameras and telling them not to save that info.

09-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I just created a "work around" by turning off the auto-orientation feature on my cameras and telling them not to save that info.
That is probably the most direct and effective means to remedy the image orientation issue.

Steve
09-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I've had similar problems with my K10D and my K-01. Not with this site, but with the FastStone software my camera club uses to display images for competition. The image would look fine on my computer...would look fine to the competition chairperson when I'd send my pics in for competition...but they'd flip when displayed using FastStone. I never did get it straightened out. I just created a "work around" by turning off the auto-orientation feature on my cameras and telling them not to save that info.
Thank you. I have to admit that I am a complete novice with this but I appreciate the advice.
01-14-2017, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Landscape orientation of a portrait image when saved from DCU5

I have had this problem recently when using DCU5 to PP images. I found I needed to set the image saving tab from Tools-Options-Image saving-Rotate the image data as shown below.
Hope this helps

ps, this is for anyone searching a solution!.

Attached Images

01-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Best of 2016 photo rotation

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Hi Adam.. I just experienced the same thing with submitting a photo taken with a K10D, and am hoping the site administrators can rotate it correctly, or do I need to have you delete my post, and I'll try again?

Thanks, Steve
01-20-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by hongman Quote
Hi Adam.. I just experienced the same thing with submitting a photo taken with a K10D, and am hoping the site administrators can rotate it correctly, or do I need to have you delete my post, and I'll try again?

Thanks, Steve
You will need to delete the photo and re-upload it. You should be able to do that using the "edit message" button, then "go advanced".

Windows live photo gallery is an easy way to quickly rotate your photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: