Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posting non-Pentax pictures

After almost an year of inside debate, I had made the move. To Canon. I have bought a second-hand 60D. And I have sold most of my Pentax gears. No camera left, but an old film one.

But I still like this forum. And the members (99,9...%). So, my question is simple. Can I post photos taken with Canon (not on the contests, of course)? But in general. Anyway, I don't think that art, and photography is an art, can be easily judged. Or permanently judged.

I'm so sorry, because I have loved Pentax, And I still do. And I always remember that saying ''Pentax is the poor man Leica''. And is, or was, true. But I become sentimental. Stop.

09-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We all do things that go against the grain - I'll even drive a Camry occasionally. Given that Forum members with other brands of camera post in dedicated threads, that's an easy choice for you, but you'd have to take advice from the mods or Adam on other possibilities.

I imagine there's more than just me curious about your move, not so much to Canon, but to a 60D. You don't have to justify your choices, of course, but it would be interesting to know why, because we've had people move to 5Ds and other 35FF bodies, but the 60D is a strange move to some of us.
09-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to correct area.
09-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since this is a dedicated Pentax site; I might suggest posting images, etc. in this thread???

Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. - PentaxForums.com

I think if other brands images, other than Pentax are posted in the regular Pentax forums, it would not be a Pentax forum any longer. Just my thoughts, YMMV.

Last edited by csa; 09-16-2015 at 04:41 PM.
09-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Can I post photos taken with Canon (not on the contests, of course)? But in general. Anyway, I don't think that art, and photography is an art, can be easily judged. Or permanently judged.
Post Your Photos, the Critique section and some thematic threads allow any camera. So yes, you can post your photos taken with a Canon.
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the answer.

I will buy some bullet proof garment.
09-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You're welcome. Further to my answer, the thematic threads you need to read the rules before posting. In my thread "show me your insects", I stated I didn't care which brand camera was used. The P52 challenges, states since it's about technique, any camera is allowed. But others you have to read the rules on.

09-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again. I will do so.
09-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
After almost an year of inside debate, I had made the move. To Canon. I have bought a second-hand 60D. And I have sold most of my Pentax gears. No camera left, but an old film one.

But I still like this forum. And the members (99,9...%). So, my question is simple. Can I post photos taken with Canon (not on the contests, of course)? But in general. Anyway, I don't think that art, and photography is an art, can be easily judged. Or permanently judged.

I'm so sorry, because I have loved Pentax, And I still do. And I always remember that saying ''Pentax is the poor man Leica''. And is, or was, true. But I become sentimental. Stop.
Yup, feel free to post photos anywhere After all, it's not about the camera but rather the photographer. I don't think there are any many restrictions apart from in our official monthly photo contests, and perhaps member challenges like project 52.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: