Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,285
"Selected Messages: Move to Folder" Action

When looking at the PM's in my Inbox, when I select one or more PM's and then use the "Selected Messages: Move to Folder" function ("Please select a destination folder for the items that you wish to move."), the messages are indeed moved. However, ~I~ am also "moved" to that destination folder, rather than staying at the Inbox. Can this odd "helpful" behavior be disabled? (I don't see where in the forum options such control is offered.} Or, am I stuck with it?

10-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,455
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
When looking at the PM's in my Inbox, when I select one or more PM's and then use the "Selected Messages: Move to Folder" function ("Please select a destination folder for the items that you wish to move."), the messages are indeed moved. However, ~I~ am also "moved" to that destination folder, rather than staying at the Inbox. Can this odd "helpful" behavior be disabled? (I don't see where in the forum options such control is offered.} Or, am I stuck with it?
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Looks like you can just click back on Inbox and be back easily? ...but I do see what you are saying.
Yup, either that or the back button in your browser.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
fwcetus's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New England
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,285
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Looks like you can just click back on Inbox and be back easily? ...but I do see what you are saying.
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, either that or the back button in your browser.
Yeah, that's what I figured.

It's kind of comical, though: I have only one folder that I created, named "Archived", which is where I send PM's that have been acted upon. So, when I send one or more PM's to the "Archived" folder, simply because I don't want to delete them but I just don't want to look at them anymore, I get to "follow" the "Archived" PM's to the "Archived" folder, where I get to look at them again. "Helpful"? (Hint -- "No".)

Well, thanks for listening and replying anyhoo.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
destination, folder, inbox, message, messages, move, move to folder, pm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Click" in between "C" and "MF" mode on focus selector? K-50 maxwolfie Pentax K-30 & K-50 3 01-29-2015 04:19 AM
Suggestion Mobile version - move "Mark Forums Read" button klh Site Suggestions and Help 6 10-03-2011 12:30 PM
Using flash to "freeze" action. eccs19 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 08-23-2010 05:12 PM
K-mount Experts: How to convert a "KAF2" lens to "KF"? panoguy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 24 07-08-2010 05:20 PM
Question Looking for "My Messages" ?? jpzk Site Suggestions and Help 10 01-12-2009 04:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top