Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q review upgrades

I've noticed that reviews of Q-gear written prior to the introduction of the Q7 refer to, and offer examples only of, a 5.5x crop situation. E.G.:

Pentax Adapter Q for K-Mount Lens Reviews - Pentax Q Mount Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Given newbies' perennial confusion about crop factor it would be useful to update the reviews and lens examples to include examples of the 4.5x CF common to the now-common Q7 and Q-S1.

I'd offer to undertake that task but I don't have access to the Edit Mode for the reviews involved.

H2

10-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've updated the product description to reference the Q7 and Q-S1 and their crop factor. However, our policy is not to edit the text of user reviews.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-29-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Private reviews is understandable, but revising the content of all PF equipment reviews and gear descriptions that pertain to crop factors would be helpful.
10-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
Private reviews is understandable, but revising the content of all PF equipment reviews and gear descriptions that pertain to crop factors would be helpful.
Certainly. If you spot any other articles that are in need of updating, let me know. Since we don't have any in-depth Q lens reviews I can't think of any page other than the one you linked above off the top of my head.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks - I'll keep an eye out.

Actually, the PK/Q adapter review also is limited to the Q/Q10 sensor results. Might be interesting to cross-link to the Q7 and/or Q-S1 reviews and add some comparative results there - or maybe an addendum to the adapter review itself.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-k-mount-to-q-adapter/conclusion.html

H2

Last edited by pacerr; 10-30-2015 at 09:56 AM.