Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Add "Item Location" field to automatic keyword searches in Marketplace

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the "Item Location" field to the fields that are scanned for saved keyword searches in the Marketplace.

A while back I added "Indiana" and "Indianapolis" to my list of keywords so that I would be notified whenever some Pentax gear was available locally. However, it doesn't seem to be working, as I just noticed the following listing, which lists the Item Location as "Carmel, Indiana", but I did not get any notification:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/307053-sal...ced-price.html

Thanks!

11-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The way the system works right now, it won't send you a notification unless the keyword appears in the thread title or at least twice in the post. I'll be looking at ways to improve this going forward.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-08-2015, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I would love this feature.
11-09-2015, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the "Item Location" field to the fields that are scanned for saved keyword searches in the Marketplace.

A while back I added "Indiana" and "Indianapolis" to my list of keywords so that I would be notified whenever some Pentax gear was available locally. However, it doesn't seem to be working, as I just noticed the following listing, which lists the Item Location as "Carmel, Indiana", but I did not get any notification:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/307053-sal...ced-price.html

Thanks!
I'm happy to say that I've tweaked the system so that you'll receive a notification if any of your keywords match the City/State field. So matches for "Indianapolis" should trigger an e-mail now (but only for future threads, not existing threads)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm happy to say that I've tweaked the system so that you'll receive a notification if any of your keywords match the City/State field. So matches for "Indianapolis" should trigger an e-mail now (but only for future threads, not existing threads)
Awesome! Thank you so much!

It may be worth posting in the announcements section, so that members can connect more often with local Pentax sellers in the future.
11-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ooops !!
Wrong thread ... sorry guys!
11-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Edgar, thanks for requesting this added feature and Adam also thanks for responding & implementing it so quickly. This will be a bonus for all members!