Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Why does this site crash so much?

has anybody else have major problems with this site? I don't have problems with other sites...just this one.

06-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Since the server upgrades months ago I have never had this site crash ... what OS , Browser are you using ?
06-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
IE and Windows XP. I guess it doesn't crash. But sometimes it takes "forever" to load a page. Sometimes it just won't load them at all. Happens a couple times a week and remains like that for a few min. to close to an hour.
06-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This is one of the few sites I frequent that hasn't had a problem with pages loading. Either that or my timing is really good.

06-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #5

crash?

I'm using xp and firefox and never had this site crash or hangup.
06-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No crashes here, but the past couple of days I've hit it a couple of times when pages took forever to load.

I run Vista (boo, hiss) with IE (repeat boo, hiss), but all my other tabs were running fine.
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No crashes here or slow loading here. Three different computers running XP Pro and XP Home, primarily Firefox on all three, three different networks, two different continents...

06-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

No issues ever. Run it on Windows using IE (6 and 7) and Firefox (2.x), Mac using Firefox (2.x) and Safari (2 and 3), and SUSI Linux on Firefox 1.5.
06-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
Pentaxian

No problems at all.
06-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Running Win2K and Firefox 3.0 on one PC and XPPro and IE on another. Never had any problems at all, except

"M Club" thread
"K Club" thread

Those threads may be slow to load because of the large number of images hosted on linked websites - the server and your DSL could be consuming time slices retrieving all those images.

I view the Club threads once a week, and I get a cup of coffee after I click. They're done when I get back.
06-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
Igilligan

I am slow loading too....

QuoteOriginally posted by whitedogone Quote
IE and Windows XP. I guess it doesn't crash. But sometimes it takes "forever" to load a page. Sometimes it just won't load them at all. Happens a couple times a week and remains like that for a few min. to close to an hour.
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
No crashes here, but the past couple of days I've hit it a couple of times when pages took forever to load.

I run Vista (boo, hiss) with IE (repeat boo, hiss), but all my other tabs were running fine.

I run window xp and IE on two different comps and for a few hours a day this thing takes sometimes two minutes to load the main page and then forget clicking on a thread. Really frustrating since all the other forums and internet functions are working fine. In fact it did it for a few hours this afternoon.

I use comcast as a IP.... anyone else have comcast in this scenario? Maybe they are not talking nice.

PS it will be like that for a while and then an hour later everything will be fine. Definately not a comp issue since it is happening with two different ones at my house.
06-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Are you using a cable hookup?

Cable can have a number of people on line with the same connection at times. When I was in Chicago, there were up to eight on the circuit for a while, and every now and then the whole thing would bog down, because all eight of us were attempting big downloads at the same time. My connection here is ADSL, and I am in a town of less than 4,000. Occasionally, this, or any, site will slow down, but only for a short time.
06-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #13
Igilligan

it is cable but....

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Cable can have a number of people on line with the same connection at times. When I was in Chicago, there were up to eight on the circuit for a while, and every now and then the whole thing would bog down, because all eight of us were attempting big downloads at the same time. My connection here is ADSL, and I am in a town of less than 4,000. Occasionally, this, or any, site will slow down, but only for a short time.
Every other site is fine when this one was slow, I can slam thru DPR and other forums. Yet this one was just crawling. It is fine right now. Fast as usual. Very strange.
06-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Every other site is fine when this one was slow, I can slam thru DPR and other forums. Yet this one was just crawling. It is fine right now. Fast as usual. Very strange.
That is odd, Gus. Usually when my connection slows down, it is everywhere, not just one site.
06-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #15
Banned

QuoteQuote:
use comcast as a IP.... anyone else have comcast in this scenario?
I use comcast

win XP SP3 & Firefox 3.0

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS & Firefox 3.0

no problems here.