Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Clubs or theads for styles of photography

Hello,
Is there anywhere on the forum for clubs or threads for certain types of photography like there are for certain types of lenses? One of my photographic interests is infrared photography and I haven't been able to find a thread for it or a sub forum that would house such a thread. If there is not a well defined place on the forum for threads dedicated to sharing pictures of specific types of photography can one be created?

Regards,
Geoff

11-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The technique forum would be perfect for that:
Photographic Technique - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It seems I wasn't entirely clear with my request. I meant more a place for everyone to share images of a given type of photography like they do with a given lens in the lens clubs. Looking at the technique forum, and that forum's "sticky", it looks like it's a place to ask questions about technique. I haven't noticed any threads on there that have what I'm looking for, which is essentially a thread where everybody that partakes in a specific type of photography shares their images like they already do with certain lenses.
11-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
It seems I wasn't entirely clear with my request. I meant more a place for everyone to share images of a given type of photography like they do with a given lens in the lens clubs. Looking at the technique forum, and that forum's "sticky", it looks like it's a place to ask questions about technique. I haven't noticed any threads on there that have what I'm looking for, which is essentially a thread where everybody that partakes in a specific type of photography shares their images like they already do with certain lenses.
I'm not an admin here or anything, but these kind of threads usually pop up at the subforum called "Photo Sharing and Galleries", and inside that you have "Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories". If I were you, I would start a thread there, and hopefully people will join!

11-18-2015, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just make a Thematic thread in Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories - PentaxForums.com
11-18-2015, 06:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by soti Quote
I'm not an admin here or anything, but these kind of threads usually pop up at the subforum called "Photo Sharing and Galleries", and inside that you have "Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories". If I were you, I would start a thread there, and hopefully people will join!
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Just make a Thematic thread in Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories - PentaxForums.com

Exactly what I was looking for and even found my IR thread!
Thanks everyone!
11-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I just find a place that seems open for the subject and park it there. People come...or they don't. Works for me!

I parked this over in the Non-Pentax Cameras Forum so everyone could share. Sure don't want to leave anyone out of a thread like this!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/264...rel-shots.html

Regards!