Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2015, 01:20 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
User suggestions to Pentax engineers

I have an idea on how to improve a Pentax product. Is quite technical. I have no use for the idea myself. It needs a big company and good engineers to verify and implement into a real product. As a Pentaxian I want to share the idea with Pentax for free without publishing it for everyone to read on this public site. I want a end to end encrypted way to give my idea to Pentax so no one else can snap it up and use it in their competition against Pentax. I'm not 100% sure my idea is a good one, but I think Pentax would appreciate ideas like mine so they can have a database of ideas, maybe turn some of them into patents and maybe turn some of the patents into products.

I'm sure Pentaxforums have good connections with Ricoh/Pentax and can convince them that a encrypted suggestion channel and suggestion database is well spent effort. I'm sure the users of Pentax forums have quite a few ideas and that they will share with Pentax for free, and that some of the ideas are usable and good business for Pentax. Please use your connections with Pentax to convince them to make such a solution.

Just ask if its unclear what I suggest.

11-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I have an idea on how to improve a Pentax product. Is quite technical. I have no use for the idea myself. It needs a big company and good engineers to verify and implement into a real product. As a Pentaxian I want to share the idea with Pentax for free without publishing it for everyone to read on this public site. I want a end to end encrypted way to give my idea to Pentax so no one else can snap it up and use it in their competition against Pentax. I'm not 100% sure my idea is a good one, but I think Pentax would appreciate ideas like mine so they can have a database of ideas, maybe turn some of them into patents and maybe turn some of the patents into products.

I'm sure Pentaxforums have good connections with Ricoh/Pentax and can convince them that a encrypted suggestion channel and suggestion database is well spent effort. I'm sure the users of Pentax forums have quite a few ideas and that they will share with Pentax for free, and that some of the ideas are usable and good business for Pentax. Please use your connections with Pentax to convince them to make such a solution.

Just ask if its unclear what I suggest.
I believe your willingness to offer your ideas and suggestions is very commendable. I am not familiar with patent laws in your country, (heck, I am not familiar with patent laws in my country) so, it would benefit you greatly to check in to that area as well. If they like your ideas, see if they offer you any type of compensation. They may want to offer you money in the hopes that your acceptance will free them up in regards to any future litigation. I say this because I have an uncle through marriage who brought his ideas to one of three big auto makers here in America regarding the use of catalytic converters. I guess there was a great deal of legal wrangling. Yes of course, present your input to them and I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Tonytee
11-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I don't want to go through the whole process of patenting as it is expensive, is time consuming, and have a high risk of not being sold. That would put my economic life on the risk.

I just want to offer my idea in an easy and secure way and hopefully find it in a future product I probably will buy. Sure, compensation would be fine, but I still would like it in a product I will buy even without compensation.
11-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my opinion, serious suggestions are best presented in person. I'd be happy to have one of our representatives give a written copy of your idea to Pentax reps and the next photo show (i.e. CP+ in February). Alternatively, we could go down the e-mail route.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: