Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sending Private Messages to Multiple Users

Mo,

I noticed something when I wanted to send a private message (PM) to multiple users. If I didn't know the exact spelling of the username, I would have to go around the member list to search for it then hit the back button on my browser after finding the correct spelling.

Is there a way to create a button to search for users to add in the recipient list, possibly allowing wildcard searches as well?

02-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you know the first few letters of a username and type them into the box, a dropdown menu with all matching usernames will automatically appear after 1 second. Select the username you'd like to send a message to, and you're off!

Your browser just has to support AJAX, which I'm sure it does. Give it a try and then tell me what you think
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
If you know the first few letters of a username and type them into the box, a dropdown menu with all matching usernames will automatically appear after 1 second. Select the username you'd like to send a message to, and you're off!

Your browser just has to support AJAX, which I'm sure it does. Give it a try and then tell me what you think
Silly me, I should have been picking around with this a little more. Very helpful! Thanks!
02-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Alvin, who are you writing to?

You must be busy writing to a lot of forum members... I seem to be a bit alienated then

02-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a northern hemisphere thing my psychiatrist tells me
02-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Alvin, who are you writing to?

You must be busy writing to a lot of forum members... I seem to be a bit alienated then

Roe,

Was going to send a note to two members regarding my problems with the flash and manual lenses on my K100D. I didn't end up sending the message and posted up my question in public