Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2015, 06:06 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lens compare

I think it would be neat if we could compare lenses like we do DSLR Comparison. Example: A50mm 1.4 vs FA50mm 1.7 and DA 50mm 1.8, then just have them lined up side by side comparing the physical differences. ie Aperture ring, Number of blades, Size, Weight and so on. Then user ratings for each category. It would also be great to compare across brands.

All the data is there but i'm not computer savvy enough to know how hard it would be to create something like that.

What does everyone think?

12-02-2015, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We're actually currently in the process of revamping the lens databases to make a comparison tool like this possible. Stay tuned!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I do like the idea of lens comparision like with the already existing "Pentax DSLR comparision" much

Last edited by angerdan; 05-11-2018 at 11:10 AM.
08-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We're actually currently in the process of revamping the lens databases to make a comparison tool like this possible.

Stay tuned!
Need any help?

08-29-2018, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The next step will be to start populating data for non-current third-party lenses. I will have a system in place for the community to help out with that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

6 Days Ago   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The next step will be to start populating data for non-current third-party lenses. I will have a system in place for the community to help out with that.
I'd like to contribute