Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Dumb question: Post preview pics?

Many of the posts have preview pics to the left when viewed in Chrome. However, often that pic is nowhere to be found in the OP for that thread, or comments (at least the first couple of pages of comments).

How does the forum apply the pic, and how does one see the full size pic?

For example, right now on the Pentax News and Rumors section, the post titled beginning "HD D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8" has a preview pic of a soldier with a bazooka (70-200 2.8, bazooka, I get it haha). But is that pic actually applicable to the post? When I click the pic, I get the thread and that pic isn't there.

12-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The system simply takes the first photo it finds in the thread. It's just a thumbnail; there is no larger version. If the OP subsequently edits any post in the same thread, and if that post contains a photo, the system will update the thumbnail with the first photo it finds in that post.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When a picture is posted a thumbnail is generated. I think that if the picture is removed (or the post the picture is in is deleted) the thumbnail remains as it isn't part of the post, it's cached elsewhere. In this case https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/customthreadicons/309957.jpg.
I think that's what's happening, anyway. I'm sure someone who actually knows what's going on will be along shortly with better info.

EDIT: Oops, I should have hit the submit button sooner.