Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2016, 01:25 AM   #1

Can PF threads be set for reverse chronology

I must say I love the chronological exposition of issues through the forum discussions. I also cherish the fact I can unsubscribe from threads after awhile. Such usability features make PF most addictive.

Yet one issue is starting to irk me. Is there some way I can set a discussion for reverse chronology, ie the first item that comes up is the latest contribution, rather than the first?

There are several threads that now run over more than a year. In particular the ever popular "Why I won't buy a k3.." thread is over two years old and though I get a notification of yet another post, there seems no reason I have to wade through all the discussions to catch the latest pearl.

Is it possible I can set a reverse chronology for such threads? I appreciate there is a button which goes to the last page of the discussions, though.

Last edited by johnhilvert; 01-03-2016 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Punctuation and dignity always dignity.
01-03-2016, 02:00 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From within any forum, click on "thread filtering options" in the upper-right corner of the listings, then select "ascending" as the order and optionally a cutoff date.

You can also sort search results from the advanced search page. If there's a certain search you'd like to bookmark, let me know and I can create a link for you.

Finally, it's possible to ignore threads (click on the X icon next to the printer icon while viewing a thread) or entire forums (via the user cp options) if you find that certain discussions are getting in the way.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

When I open a thread, I just click on the 123....Last Page ..and go to the last page.....doesn't that show on everyone's view?

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Finally, it's possible to ignore threads (click on the X icon next to the printer icon while viewing a thread) or entire forums (via the user cp options) if you find that certain discussions are getting in the way.
It's those damn squirrels again, isn't it? I am trying my best to keep them under control....I'll try harder.

Regards!
01-03-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
When I open a thread, I just click on the 123....Last Page ..and go to the last page.....doesn't that show on everyone's view?
Yup, but you can also completely reverse the order in which threads are shown

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I didn't know that.....might be handy, but like an old cat, I think I'll just stick to the way I do it...works for me..and when I find something that works, I have learned I'd better stick to it or end up asking a lot of dumb questions....I think you've seen a few of mine over the years?

Best Regards!
01-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In the "olden" days when we had paper files, the latest drama was always at the top.
Obviously like that otherwise the secretaries would have been pulling the files apart all day and no time for anything else.

So I wonder why the e-world ( with the exception of email clients) has standardized it the other way around, with the latest at the bottom.
And in doing that , why do the selected pages still open at the top ? !!
01-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Please!!!

Don't go changin'!!!

Regards!