Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Donation Page Confusion

I'd like to see a list of the different levels of Pentaxians on the donation page, and what each one represents. I'm not the only one (I think?) that does not know what each status means, how it is attained, and how it can change.

This would help in a person determining their donation amount and help Otis in contributing to his friends here. Just a short listing of every type of Pentaxian, and what each one means, how it is achieved etc.

I see others that are confused about this from time to time......of course, I am always a little confused anyhow, so it is possible that this is already explained somewhere? However, what better place for it than the Donation Page?

Regards!

01-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Does this help?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/93922-news-user-t...y-updated.html
Borrowed from some posts by Adam:

Title Criteria Effect
New Member 0-24 Posts Cosmetic
Junior Member 25-49 Posts Cosmetic
Forum Member 50-99 Posts Cosmetic
Senior Member 100-299 Posts Cosmetic
Veteran Member 300-999 Posts Cosmetic
Pentaxian 1000+ Posts and 1+ year of membership Perks*
Pentaxian 300+ Posts and 2+ years membership Perks*
Site Supporter Donated to the Forum Upgraded Account**
Loyal Site Supporter Donated $150+ Unlimited attachments**
Marketplace Reseller Monthly Subscription Commercial Marketplace Access
*Perks include access to the Marketplace, larger PM box, and additional attachment space
**Access to the Marketplace & quotas increased, but significantly more than for Pentaxians.

Account Type Attachment Limit Album Limits Gallery Limits Marketplace Access Other Perks Criteria
Registered User 4Mb 40 photos, 4Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy Only N/A Register on the forum!
Site Supporter 50Mb 1000 Photos, 100 Mb 500 photos, 2Mb each Buy & Sell Several Donate $10+
Loyal Site Supporter Unlimited 10,000 Photos, 300 Mb 1000 photos, 2Mb each Buy & Sell Several, upgrade valid 2-3x longer Donate a larger amount

Last edited by bertwert; 01-13-2016 at 10:09 AM.
01-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Where did you find that?

Still think it should be on the Donation Page......or in a Sticky on the New Member thread? Or both?

Regards & Thanks for the information Bert! It gets you some more points.....someday I am going to get some myself...maybe???

01-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Where did you find that?
Magic

Site uage guide, in Adam's signature: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/314-forum-usage-g...-features.html

It gets you some more points.....someday I am going to get some myself...maybe???
Ok, Otis Award #4. Bookmarked and screenshotted, like the rest.
Unfortunately, I don't think Otis thinks very highly of you

01-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Where did you find that?
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Magic

Site uage guide, in Adam's signature: FORUM USAGE GUIDE: an explanation of forum features!
It's also a sticky at the top of the Site Suggestions and Help forum.

or in a Sticky on the New Member thread?
You mean like this one?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/32490-pentaxfor...oto-space.html

01-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Ok, Otis Award #4. Bookmarked and screenshotted, like the rest.
Unfortunately, I don't think Otis thinks very highly of you
Only when he needs more feed or beer.....

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You mean like this one?
Are you saying that if you open your eyes and look around...you can see things?

Am I going to get in trouble for posting a squirrel here? Be easy on me...I'm old and have two bad feet.

Regards!
01-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This page is current:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/32490-pentaxfor...oto-space.html

I will make sure that it's linked more prominently from the donations page.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I'd still like to see a listing of the types of Pentaxians on the actual Donor Page.....or a Prominant link advising you to look before you donate. I think it would result in increased donations.
Sort of like at the grocery store when you get an opportunity to upgrade an item for only a little more.......It's too late after you leave the store.....

Anyhow, I do appreciate the donation system and although I don't use it all that much.....since I am paid up for years.....Otis intends to use the heck out of it for some of his friends here!

I keep telling people...it's good to be friends with Otis....most of the time!

Best Regards!