Uploading photos to forum.......

Where is the advanced posting screen?

FLASH

05-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The "advanced" message editor appears whenever you try to post a new thread, or when you click the "post reply" button instead of using the "Quick Reply" box.

I've e-mailed you with all the info you need to start posting photos, but feel free to let me know if anything else gets in the way! I've also updated the usage guide in this thread

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam:

How do I go about deleting some of the pictures I have posted in the gallery? Granted, none of mine are great, but I'm actually a little embarassed by some I posted when I first got my K10D and joined this group. Also, is there some way for me to completely delete a message (question) I have posted before any answers are posted? Just today I posted a question that I figured out before anyone had a chance to answer it for me. I managed to completely delete the text of the thread, but could not delete the title from the thread list. Thanks.

CN
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Hi Clem,

You can't delete entire threads, but you can delete posts. If you'd like a thread deleted, please send me a PM or use the reporting system.

You'll find two links below each of your own photos in the gallery; one will allow you to delete the photo completely. Here's a quick screenshot:

Attached Images

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Adam:

Interestingly, some of my pictures have both the edit photo and delete photo options, but others (mostly the ones I wanted to delete) have only the edit photo option. I've gone into that, but if there's a way to delete it altogether rather than just editing it, I haven't figured it out yet.

CN
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That sounds awfully like an issue with category permissions. Can you please link me to the photo? I'll check and make sure everything is configured correctly.

Adam

02-03-2008, 07:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That sounds awfully like an issue with category permissions. Can you please link me to the photo? I'll check and make sure everything is configured correctly.
Here's a link to one of them. User Photo Gallery - March 25, 2007 There are a few others of mine across the top of the page which are similarly editable only. As I recall they were all uploaded on the same day.

CN
05-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Erroneous question ?

Hi Adam

Re your message:

QuoteQuote:
Dear Confused: Please remember that questions are not to be posted in the Knowledgebase. Please only post articles or useful resources pertinent to Pentax.
Apologies about that ! Clearly ignorance of the forum rules is no excuse, but I simply wasn't aware that I was committing an offence in the first place. Whilst genuinely not wishing to appear more dense than necessary, would you mind pointing out the question that you were referring to, as I don't seem to recall asking one anywhere in this post ?

Best regards
Richard

P.S. It's just occurred to me that what you probably meant was that the initial question and the answers that subsequently followed it shouldn't have been posted in the Knowledgebase ? Is this correct, or am I barking up the wrong tree as usual ?

Last edited by Confused; 05-20-2008 at 04:43 PM.
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Hi Confused,

That message appears for all forum users, so don't be blaming yourself of breaking the rules! The notice is there to (hopefully) redue the number of misplaced threads.

Adam

05-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Adam, in your sticky at the top of this thread, there's this tantalizing feature mentioned:

"In our user photo gallery, each member is entitled to upload up to 50 1.5-megabyte photos at any resolution into a personal album!" [emphasis added]

I've finally gotten in a few sunny day sessions with the ol' K10D, and would like to start posting to the user photo gallery. However, the means to create my "personal album" feature isn't apparent. How does that work? Am I missing something, or just being denser than usual?
06-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FLASH Quote
Well...just don't know what to do. I tried to use the forums' uploading device and even inserted the filename/number of my photo that I wanted to move to the forum, but to no avail. I REALLY need help with this problem. Oh, and by the way, I just donated to the forum..........................

Flash
Make sure your photo meets the maximum size requirements in the UPLOAD screen (they are all at the bottom of the browse screen). 501 Kb jpg won't go.
11-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Hi all

I'm kinda of new on pentax (k200d new/noobie owner) and also on the forum.
I'm enjoying so much already. Thanks for having me on the commnity.

I have a question / suggestion. Is it possile to have the following 3 options
" View unanswered posts View new posts View active topics " when we connect to the forum ?

I think they are very useful and personnaly I like to read everything

Thanks

EDIT: seems there is somthing called "quicklinks"

Last edited by netuser; 11-11-2008 at 10:37 AM.
01-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How do I add the list of equipment + stuff I see under posts?

I see on the forums that many members have some way of putting their equipment list along with a graphic saying something like Proud owner of K100D under the actual post text. How is this done??? No I don't know a lot about being in a forum.
01-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Put your list of equipment in your profile, using the "Edit My Details" link in the User CP. Put the K100D tag in your signature, also accessible via the User CP.

Adam

02-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I only just discovered the thread Subscription mode. So it can go a little like how DPr had it, (which I've almost given up on, too tired of the way it is run and shapes out).

I got an explanation on the auto-subscription function, in case others need help as well :

rzarbo wrote:
> I like the other forum but find it kind of difficult to follow threads.

My initial impression, too. But I'm figuring it out bit by bit: You can auto-subscribe to threads you contribute to (i.e. you get "My Threads", but auto-subscription is off by default, so you need to change it in your settings) and you can switch article viewing to a threaded mode similar to the one here. So I'm sure you will find a way to customize it to your liking.

gazonk /Espen

It's a little weird to post this here, but here I go: I've been using another forum based on the same software (Eurovan2.com portal) for more than three years without discovering this, so you have my full understanding. But I was so overwhelmed by the activity at PentaxForums that I thought that I just had to find out the easiest way to track "my threads", and found this:
Go to "User CP", then on the left hand side click "edit options". Then find "Default thread subscription mode" and choose whatever you want different from the initial value (which is "do not subscribe"). I chose "No email notification", which I guess is the best choice for a heavy traffic site like this.

Edit : it is found under; "Settings & Options".
Closed Thread