Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #61
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Use the mod contact form to request reinstatement.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #62

Photos: Gallery
Hi Adam.......................New format is great! Thanks to all of you for all your hard work. It would be nice to have some Canadian suppliers but there's probably not enough of us up here. BigG
02-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #63
Forum Member

suggestion??

hi adam, suggestion for u to think about -- what about(for example) dslr - k5
k7
kx
kr
k200d etc,etc
according to numeric production or models produced. maybe lots of work for you???? same with film camera!!!
can we have feedback on this???
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #64
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You should post that in a separate thread, also, I have no clue what you're trying to say

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #65
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
12. User photo gallery You can upload and share photos (like on PBase) for free here at our Pentax Forum! In our user photo gallery, each member is entitled to upload up to 50 1.5-megabyte photos at any resolution into our categorized caller! Other forum members will be able to rate and comment on your photos, and you'll also be able to link to them from other sites. Users that have made donations to PentaxForums will automatically have their upload limit increased to 200 photos! Note that we now also feature personal photo albums!
Adam,
I may have missed the answer, but what is the difference between posting a photo to an album, gallery or as an attachment? Is one way better or worse than another? Also, can you delete attachment images, or reupload them as a smaller sized file to free up space?
Thanks,
Marc
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #66
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Adam,
I may have missed the answer, but what is the difference between posting a photo to an album, gallery or as an attachment? Is one way better or worse than another? Also, can you delete attachment images, or reupload them as a smaller sized file to free up space?
Thanks,
Marc
The gallery places no restriction on image dimensions, the albums allow for easy browsing of a collection of photos, and the attachment system is the fastest way to upload photos- so play around with each and see which you like the most. You can manage your photos through the My Activity -> My Attachments link in the upper right. If you're running short on space, a donation will increase your limits tenfold

BTW, if not for the quote notification system, I wouldn't have seen your reply. Already loving it!

Adam

04-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #67
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The gallery places no restriction on image dimensions, the albums allow for easy browsing of a collection of photos, and the attachment system is the fastest way to upload photos- so play around with each and see which you like the most. You can manage your photos through the My Activity -> My Attachments link in the upper right. If you're running short on space, a donation will increase your limits tenfold BTW, if not for the quote notification system, I wouldn't have seen your reply. Already loving it!
Would it be worthwhile to mention this difference between gallery and album in the information above?

I'm still new enough here that I keep track of my active/interested threads via notifications as there are a few where I've added a comment but don't want to keep following. But I agree the quote notification is very useful and may make the subscription notifications somewhat obsolete for those who post a lot, although they will still be more useful than the quote notification for those who mainly lurk.

04-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #68
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Would it be worthwhile to mention this difference between gallery and album in the information above?

I'm still new enough here that I keep track of my active/interested threads via notifications as there are a few where I've added a comment but don't want to keep following. But I agree the quote notification is very useful and may make the subscription notifications somewhat obsolete for those who post a lot, although they will still be more useful than the quote notification for those who mainly lurk.
Lots of new features have been added since this article was written- I think it might be due for an update as time allows

Adam

06-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gio645 Quote
This forum is cool. DP & Steve's are ok too. I'll stick to all of them
Steve's?
06-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #70
Veteran Member

If I upload a photo to a post does it count as my 50 from the gallery?
06-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #71
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
No, it does not. All your quotas can be viewed here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments

Adam

07-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In looking at the information on the attachments I've posted I note that there is a statistic for each one on the number of "downloads."
Can you tell me whether a viewing of a photo counts as a "download" or does the term "download" refer only to where an uploaded photo is copied by someone else to another location?

Bill
07-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's for every time the photo is viewed, basically.

Adam

01-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #74
Forum Member

I've got a question. I am thinking it might be the age of my browser (still using Firefox 3.6.28 on my PowerMac G5, OSX 10.4.11 "Tiger", but wanted to ask to be sure. WHen I try to post a message and use "quotes" around a word or phrase for emphasis, that quote mark gets changed to some strange combination of characters with an & and other stuff, and it doesn't show up as a quotation mark. The box for "disable smilies" is not clicked, but I can't seem to get a smiley to post now, they won't show up. And also, I hit the return key to make separate paragraphs, but that just doesn't seem to take. My text is ending up in a big long blob. HOw do I get my paragraphs to separate and my quotation marks to show up as quotation marks instead of gobbledy gook? Be gentle with me...I'm not a coding wiz! But I figure there's a setting I just don't have set right in the user control panel, so if that's it, please let me know how I can fix all this. Thanks!
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #75
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beebs Quote
I've got a question. I am thinking it might be the age of my browser (still using Firefox 3.6.28 on my PowerMac G5, OSX 10.4.11 "Tiger", but wanted to ask to be sure. WHen I try to post a message and use "quotes" around a word or phrase for emphasis, that quote mark gets changed to some strange combination of characters with an & and other stuff, and it doesn't show up as a quotation mark. The box for "disable smilies" is not clicked, but I can't seem to get a smiley to post now, they won't show up. And also, I hit the return key to make separate paragraphs, but that just doesn't seem to take. My text is ending up in a big long blob. HOw do I get my paragraphs to separate and my quotation marks to show up as quotation marks instead of gobbledy gook? Be gentle with me...I'm not a coding wiz! But I figure there's a setting I just don't have set right in the user control panel, so if that's it, please let me know how I can fix all this. Thanks!
Firefox 3.6 should work fine, but it might have something to do with your OS. I still have FF3.6 on my linux laptop and it works fine. Worst case, try going to your user CP options and disabling the WYSIWYG editor entirely. Sure, the interface will appear a bit more basic, but at least it will be bug-free!

Adam

Closed Thread