Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #76
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alameda Island, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 98
Thanks, Adam...Yeah, I'm a Luddite as far as computers...Tiger still works just fine for the most part for all I do, and I could boot Leopard if I wanted, but visually I just don't like the way it looks...as an OS, Leopard's just kinda ugly to me. More I thought about it, it actually might have more to do with the NoScript add-on for Firefox...I've had more trouble with websites in the last six months, as it seems Javascript has become a big nightmare for those of us with older machines/OS's. But things seem to have amplified after the last update of NoScript. I know my first few posts here it functioned properly, just sorta started being weird in the last few days. I'll also try your suggestion about switching the editor to standard from WYSIWYG to see if that fixes it. Thanks again, I'll see what I can figure out!

01-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,340
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beebs Quote
Thanks, Adam...Yeah, I'm a Luddite as far as computers...Tiger still works just fine for the most part for all I do, and I could boot Leopard if I wanted, but visually I just don't like the way it looks...as an OS, Leopard's just kinda ugly to me. More I thought about it, it actually might have more to do with the NoScript add-on for Firefox...I've had more trouble with websites in the last six months, as it seems Javascript has become a big nightmare for those of us with older machines/OS's. But things seem to have amplified after the last update of NoScript. I know my first few posts here it functioned properly, just sorta started being weird in the last few days. I'll also try your suggestion about switching the editor to standard from WYSIWYG to see if that fixes it. Thanks again, I'll see what I can figure out!
Disable NoScript entirely on PF and posting will work. Most web sites rely on JS these days to deliver a modern web experience, and while it's not required on here, disabling certain scripts will definitely break the WYSIWYG editor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #78
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alameda Island, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 98
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Disable NoScript entirely on PF and posting will work. Most web sites rely on JS these days to deliver a modern web experience, and while it's not required on here, disabling certain scripts will definitely break the WYSIWYG editor.
Many thanks...I believe that did it! I have smilies and paragraph breaks again.

Frankly, I uninstalled NoScript...I've never seen a website that wanted to attack an "obsolete" old Mac anyway. Yet another reason to keep bein' a Luddite.

Hey...this G5 runs Creative Suite 2, and so does the G4 "MDD" tower I use with my scanner, so I've got my art/photography bases covered.

Looks like things are back to normal with other sites, too...so g'bye to NoScript...too much paranoia!
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,340
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beebs Quote
Many thanks...I believe that did it! I have smilies and paragraph breaks again.

Frankly, I uninstalled NoScript...I've never seen a website that wanted to attack an "obsolete" old Mac anyway. Yet another reason to keep bein' a Luddite.

Hey...this G5 runs Creative Suite 2, and so does the G4 "MDD" tower I use with my scanner, so I've got my art/photography bases covered.

Looks like things are back to normal with other sites, too...so g'bye to NoScript...too much paranoia!
I'm glad you got it to work! Now you can go all out with similies and even make your own! tongue


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #80
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
understood

I never figured out why I've never registered here, especially since I've been using Pentax for the past 5 years. I have always been visiting this website to check on reviews on lenses and to get some user feed backs. Ow well I'm here now. So hey everyone, looking forward into pitching in here and learning from everyone, I shall follow the rules stipulated in here as much as I can.
09-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #81
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,340
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ifarghaly Quote
I never figured out why I've never registered here, especially since I've been using Pentax for the past 5 years. I have always been visiting this website to check on reviews on lenses and to get some user feed backs. Ow well I'm here now. So hey everyone, looking forward into pitching in here and learning from everyone, I shall follow the rules stipulated in here as much as I can.
Welcome aboard

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #82
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,794
Item 15 in the guide, Marketplace, the link to the Feedback system is broken.
10-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #83
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,340
Original Poster
Fixed! All the marketplace info is now in a single sticky in the marketplace.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
button, click, forum, photos, post, posts, search, skin, thread, user
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I suggest making the price watch forum it's own forum in the market place Clinton Site Suggestions and Help 1 03-27-2010 10:48 AM
New to the Forum Javelin Welcomes and Introductions 3 11-26-2009 06:58 AM
New to the forum Eds Welcomes and Introductions 4 11-24-2009 10:01 AM
News Full List of Forum Features Adam Site Suggestions and Help 6 08-09-2009 10:25 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top