Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2016, 02:48 AM   #1

Monthly Photo Contest

Hello, I have selected my nominations for the current monthly photo contest "Portrait In Monochrome" and I wondered if it's OK if I make a small suggestion. Would it be possible to label the images in a way that puts them all on a level playing field? What I mean is, if each image is given a title by its author, then that title can effect the mindset of a person assessing the image. It's a photo contest and the image should (in my opinion) only be judged on its content. What it has to say to the viewer should come only from the image. Some of the titles are just labels like "Entry In Monochrome Photo Competition" while others seek to impart some deeper meaning to the image e.g. "She likes me". One will evoke an emotional response whilst the other won't. For what it's worth. Thanks.

Last edited by photolady95; 04-09-2016 at 12:34 PM.
04-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the suggestion. We ran an experiment in the early days of our contests and found that disclosing vs hiding usernames did not have a significant income on the final outcome of the contest.

Regarding the nomination phase, it is certainly a social activity and users are encouraged to promote and share their work to solicit nominations. In the final voting phase, usernames are hidden and we take precautions to deter cheating by preventing new or inactive accounts from voting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: