Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shooting info showing up with photos.

Adam, a while back you graciously edited this camera/lens/shooting info out of one of my posts. I think I know why that info may be showing up. When I insert photos using the "Insert Album Photos" under the smilies; this info comes up. I tried to click on the upper right box, but don't know what to remove in my post. I tried editing this info out, and that doesn't work at all. The latest post is #2514 in Forum Shots from Today.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

04-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like the info is set to a white font for some reason. You'll see this if you click on the icon in the upper-right corner. Look for COLOR tags with #FFFFFF, which is the RBG code for white.

The easiest way to fix this would be to select all the text in the post (control+A), then click on the remove formatting icon, which is the leftmost icon in the editor. Submit and you should be able to see everything

Of course, you can also remove the color tags manually.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The easiest way to fix this would be to select all the text in the post (control+A), then click on the remove formatting icon, which is the leftmost icon in the editor. Submit and you should be able to see everything
Adam, I've clicked "edit", "Control+A", clicked the remove formatting icon. The wording becomes highlighted; but when I click "save" to submit it, the wording is still there. I don't know enough about this, as to what to remove manually. I did try & remove any with #FFFFFF, and again, didn't do a thing.

I've deleted the post, as I've tried everything, to no avail to remove the text.

Last edited by csa; 04-20-2016 at 08:33 PM.
04-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Adam, I've clicked "edit", "Control+A", clicked the remove formatting icon. The wording becomes highlighted; but when I click "save" to submit it, the wording is still there. I don't know enough about this, as to what to remove manually. I did try & remove any with #FFFFFF, and again, didn't do a thing.

I've deleted the post, as I've tried everything, to no avail to remove the text.
That's weird. I can certainly do it for you, but it would be nice to find out what's causing the issue. What browser are you using?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm using Firefox 45.0.2

Posting photos from my computer have no problem; but today when I used the link below the smilies, the camera info showed up on all three photos (in one post). I'll post a couple here, & see if that is indeed the problem.
Camera
PENTAX K-3

Focal Length
300mm

Aperture
f/10

Exposure
1/2000s

ISO

#1 from the link below the smilies (insert album photos)
#2 from my computer

The problem is definitely linking to the "Insert album photos"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by csa; 04-20-2016 at 09:37 PM.
04-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #6
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam, any idea why this is happening only with using the "Insert Album Photos" link? It's such a great shortcut, but I can no longer use it until it no longer posts all the camera info with each photo.
04-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Adam, any idea why this is happening only with using the "Insert Album Photos" link? It's such a great shortcut, but I can no longer use it until it no longer posts all the camera info with each photo.
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Since the exif data isn't formatted the way our system displays it, my guess would be that the injection can be attributed to some sort of plugin on your end. Do you experience the same issue in a different browser?

Adam

04-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

csa when you use insert album photos you should have something like this:

[url="https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10702&pictureid=97828"][img]https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=10702&pictureid=97828[/img][/url]

What do you get?
If you get that and something after that, just remove whatever appeared after.
04-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster

Camera
PENTAX Q

Focal Length
8.5mm

Aperture
f/4

Exposure
1/1000s

ISO

Camera
PENTAX Q

Focal Length
8.5mm

Aperture
f/4

Exposure
1/1000s

ISO

04-22-2016, 01:34 PM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I get this, and it continues on thru. I've tried deleting everything from the first line on down, to no avail.
Attached Images

04-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm not going to worry about it, I'll just add photos with the icon box.

Adam, I've only used FireFox.
04-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I get this, and it continues on thru. I've tried deleting everything from the first line on down, to no avail.
It should be good if you remove the [CENTER] and down...
04-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bert, I tried that, no luck. Also tried what Adam suggested, clicking on the far left box, which should have removed all text; again no luck! I just thought perhaps it was a glitch, that could be fixed easily, but it's not.

I'm not going to worry about it, I just won't use it anymore.
04-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Bert, I tried that, no luck. Also tried what Adam suggested, clicking on the far left box, which should have removed all text; again no luck! I just thought perhaps it was a glitch, that could be fixed easily, but it's not.

I'm not going to worry about it, I just won't use it anymore.
If you press control+shift+A and click on Extensions, what's shown in the list?

Adam

04-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #15
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's the info:
Attached Images