Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Free Marketplace Access and the B&H Link

"You can support PentaxForums.com and get FREE site supporter status by shopping at these stores. Simply click on one of the links below, and then place your order"

The word "simply" strongly implies that no additional action is required. As a result I have never looked for or seen the fine print farther down the page describing having to send a private message to Adam. That instruction is also missing from the bullet point instructions farther down the page.

I always wondered why I didn't get free marketplace access. I assumed it was a software bug.

The word "simply" should be removed. The "and" before "order" should be deleted. After "order" insert a comma followed by "and", then insert "then PM me no earlier than 24 business day hours after your order ships and provide me with your order number!"

The bullet point list should have one additional bullet point following the existing bullet points:
"PM me no earlier than 24 business day hours after your order ships and provide me with your order number!"

04-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've clarified many of the points in the thread. Thanks for the suggestion!

Note that if you didn't receive your account upgrade and would still like access, I'd be happy to look it up and apply it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2016, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
"You can support PentaxForums.com and get FREE site supporter status by shopping at these stores. Simply click on one of the links below, and then place your order"

The word "simply" strongly implies that no additional action is required. As a result I have never looked for or seen the fine print farther down the page describing having to send a private message to Adam. That instruction is also missing from the bullet point instructions farther down the page.

I always wondered why I didn't get free marketplace access. I assumed it was a software bug.
+1

I guess I'm not the only one that was making this mistake. I finally asked about it and know what to do now but I wonder how many others thought they'd followed the instructions and also missed that last step...?