Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2016, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Add format and camera filter options to the reviews

Add a field to the reviews to indicate what body the lens was reviewed on. Also perhaps from this a drop down auto-populated (where possible) a field that indicates the format that the review pertains to.

For example, if I selected K3, and PZ-1 as bodies that I reviewed the FA 80-320 on the drop down could pop up as APSC and FF-Film and I could then confirm this.

Then if possible when reading reviews the user could select the types of reviews (FF-Digital Only for example).

05-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We already have a camera field, at least in the genuine lens DB. Is it missing for third-party lenses?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We already have a camera field, at least in the genuine lens DB. Is it missing for third-party lenses?
Let me check.
05-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam I finally processed this in my head correctly. I was asking for this to appear in the text based lens reviews section not just the DB. So when I review lens reviews I do not see any info from the reviewer about their camera used unless they spell it out in the text. If that data is there could it be exposed in that view?

05-20-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Adam I finally processed this in my head correctly. I was asking for this to appear in the text based lens reviews section not just the DB. So when I review lens reviews I do not see any info from the reviewer about their camera used unless they spell it out in the text. If that data is there could it be exposed in that view?
Hmm, it should show up as long as the user filled out the field. See:
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Old reviews might pre-date the field, hence no info.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hmm, it should show up as long as the user filled out the field. See:
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Old reviews might pre-date the field, hence no info.
Gotcha! Thanks Adam. I see it on some of those now.