Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On lens in database

A Vivitar 200mm f3.5 shows a K mount but the url references it's m42 mount. I can clearly see in the photo of the lens, that is a K mount, so why is the url saying m42?

Vivitar (Komine 28xxxx) Auto Telephoto 200mm f/3.5 Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

05-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think the description clears that up rather well!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, it does. However, I was thinking that if anyone searched google for m42 lenses, this might show up and cause problems. Then again, maybe not. I was just curious why it referenced m42 when clearly from the description it is not. Thanks Adam.
05-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

My guess would be that the title has been edited since there are multiple variants.

I don't think this is a big deal- better not to change the URL at this point since it would break links, plus there indeed is an M42 variant with reviews on that page.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
better not to change the URL at this point since it would break links, plus there indeed is an M42 variant with reviews on that page.
Probably right. Like I said, I was just curious and if I don't ask questions when I'm curious about something, then I don't get an answer.