Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Reply Notifications

How do you notify a poster that you've replied to a post?

Jer

05-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
How do you notify a poster that you've replied to a post?

Jer
Simply quote them (highlight text in their post if using quick reply, click on "quick reply" with the "quote message option checked", or click on "quote") or use the @ tagging system, i.e. @Sailor

Note that most people subscribe to all threads in which they post, which means they'll also get a notification if someone replies without quoting them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Simply quote them (highlight text in their post if using quick reply, click on "quick reply" with the "quote message option checked", or click on "quote") or use the @ tagging system, i.e. @Sailor

Note that most people subscribe to all threads in which they post, which means they'll also get a notification if someone replies without quoting them.
So the simple act of quoting someone automatically sends a notification? Has that always been so? I've been a forum member since the dawn of time, but only recently have I gotten so many quote notifications.

Anyway, thanks for your help, Adam.

Jer
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Jer check your options in your User Control Panel. I have this part disabled in mine.

QuoteQuote:
Using this option, you may choose to disable new quoted posts as well as social group updates from appearing in your notifications area. Disable

05-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
So the simple act of quoting someone automatically sends a notification? Has that always been so? I've been a forum member since the dawn of time, but only recently have I gotten so many quote notifications.

Anyway, thanks for your help, Adam.

Jer
I think the quoted notification system has been around for the last 5 years or so. Definitely not since we launched the site.

But yes, it's that simple!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: