Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
How to

Adam,

maybe you can implement prefix in the software section for posts on "how to" do ...

something like:
photoshop how to: ....
gimp how to: ....

or create forum dedicated to "how to"

what is the community thinking?

07-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a bad Idea as ling as people use clear titles that are easily searchable and feel like posting tutorials or mini reviews.
07-21-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I currently do not intend to use prefixes in any other sections other than this one, the Marketplace, and possibly the knowledgebase in the future.

In terms of new forums, however, a "Do-it-Yourself" and a"Technical Discussion" section are in the works and will probably be added under the camera accessories section. I won't be adding any more "How-To" sections until the Knowledgebase is used properly.

It still feels like the forum is missing something (in terms of categories), so keep the suggestions coming!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-21-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sorry to disagree - OK so that's NOT unusual but me thinks the best place to go for How to when it comes to graphics is, a forum dedicated to that software.

One of my favourite places is PhotoshopTechniques Forums - Powered by vBulletin They are helpful just like this place. I think there already is a place where we can post links.

07-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Sorry to disagree - OK so that's NOT unusual but me thinks the best place to go for How to when it comes to graphics is, a forum dedicated to that software.

One of my favourite places is PhotoshopTechniques Forums - Powered by vBulletin They are helpful just like this place. I think there already is a place where we can post links.
There's a link to the links section in the new site map

I think you're right, though. We can't have a all-in-one forum here, though, as long as the software, etc., comes from Pentax, here is probably a better place, while third-party stuff outside of what's most popular (i.e. Photoshop) would probably be better-discussed elsewhere.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: