Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

what about matching the background to the color of the background where the poster information goes?

07-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
That would be way too dark IMO.

I just changed the BG color from #eee to #ebebeb, which should be slightly more visible and clearly distinguishable from the background, especially in the simple skin. I've now applied the background to all skins.

Also, in the classic and modern skins, the quote icon in nested quotes gets cut off when one one line of text is present, and no user citation. This does not occur in the simple skin, or when you automatically let the system take care of quote code.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What do you think?
I agree that it is uglier. But look at other sites. Quotation boxes are ugly, most of the times. The worst example is dpr with their red text

You may want to play with a color cast in the background color with somewhat blurred edges, like this:
QuoteQuote:
.quote {
PADDING-LEFT: 25px; BACKGROUND: url(/forums/images/misc/q.gif) no-repeat 0px 0px; MARGIN: 15px 10px;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e7f0e0;
BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f3f0 2px solid; BORDER-TOP: #f0f3f0 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f3f0 2px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f3f0 2px solid;
}
(I didn't pick the correct green style color cast. Just to give you ideas if you are too unhappy with the current appearance.)

BTW, #ebebeb is almost #edeff1 (.alt2) from the left column and this would be a better match.
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adding a border would make things appear even more confusing. I think that I'll leave everything as it is, and maybe change the BG color to .alt2 at a later time.

Overall, though, even with the gray background, I prefer this quote design over the original, so that's good!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-23-2008, 06:57 AM   #20

Adam, I like the update!
07-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

man that vacation a little while back did you good Adam. Nice work
07-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
Veteran Member

not a fan of the new quotes, seems out of place with respect to the rest of the site.

07-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'll work on adding a slightly faded border tomorrow, though the design is staying as-is.

Adam

07-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I believe to have noticed the following:

When quoting a message, any contained quote doesn't become a nested sub quote anymore.

Is this intentional?
If so, then I am not a fan of this change.
07-25-2008, 05:25 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Haven't made any changes

Mind posting a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Adam

07-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Isn't it nice?
Test 1: This is a full quote of your post #2 in this thread.
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #27
Veteran Member

New Quotes

The box that displays quoted text has just gotten a new, fresh design. It uses less code, takes up less space, and looks better. Have a look for yourself, and enjoy!
Isn't it nice?
Test 2: And this is quote (manually edited) from post #2 as it should have been, but isn't anymore!

Click on the QUOTE button in post #2 and you'll see that you won't get my quote as fabricated here, but the erraneous quote from Test 1. Some sites do this on purpose and I never liked that.
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's how quick reply works; you'll have to use the full editor to get the nested version, I believe.

Adam

07-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

That's now quick reply works; you'll have to use the full editor to get the nested version, I believe.
What do you mean by quick reply and full editor? I have no idea what you are talking about. I click the QUOTE button (as I had written) and this doesn't work properly anymore. It did until yesterday or so.

You have written "Haven't made any changes". Obviously you did. Explain and communicate. Please.
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
What do you mean by quick reply and full editor? I have no idea what you are talking about. I click the QUOTE button (as I had written) and this doesn't work properly anymore. It did until yesterday or so.

You have written "Haven't made any changes". Obviously you did. Explain and communicate. Please.
Guess I didn't answer the question you were asking, though regardless, everything seems to be working o.k. over at my end. Haven't touched the quoting templates since I found out the faded border would negatively affect nested quotes.

Adam