Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote
Also, from the point of view of someone who has considered buying goods on the marketplace before, but lives outside the US, please note that while there aren't as many of us, the current weakness of the US dollar makes some items very attractive indeed...
Exactly...
ckaz is selling almost new K10D for $480 and this is absolute bargain from the point of view of European buyer: €300... Would this offer be open to Europeans, I believe it would be sold in first half an hour

07-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Exactly...
ckaz is selling almost new K10D for $480 and this is absolute bargain from the point of view of European buyer: €300... Would this offer be open to Europeans, I believe it would be sold in first half an hour
Exactly! A lot of items in this for sale section are very, very attractive to us. Where in Europe can I find an used K10D for €300?

(By the way, I found another K10D so not all is lost )
07-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #18
Forum Member

Forum members like myself in Australia also continue to be frustrated by "North America only" shipping by some sellers.
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hopefully we can help build confidence in sellers to allow shipping to countries with good postal systems. Australia Post is very reliable.

07-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hopefully we can help build confidence in sellers to allow shipping to countries with good postal systems. Australia Post is very reliable.
And so is the postal system in The Netherlands. Heck, in my 15 years of buying in the USA I've *never ever* lost a package that was sent to me...
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I agree with many of the foregoing comments. I have bought several items from Forum members and never had a problem yet. UPS and/or Australia Post has delivered without a problem. I think you would find absolutely no problems with Forum members in Australia and New Zealand. We are a pretty honest lot down here, on the whole.
I only wish some members in North America would understand that, as The Snark comments above.
07-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #22
JML
Forum Member

Save selling and shipping to Europe

Dear American Members of this forum,

This is a wake up all for all friendly fellow members from the US and Canada on this forum.
Please , leave shipping to conus only (it took me some time searching on the internet to find out what "conus"meant; first I thougt it was some unknown country where obviously nice buyers might live, ) out of all your adds on this forum.
This will lead to quicker trading and selling, plus an extra of more communication between members across the world,

As you probably have read from previous threads in this topic it is indeed save to sell to European countries and Australia.
We can provide also garanteed Paypall acounts by credits from our bank account.
Well, I'm from the Netherlands and shipping to the Netherlands is really save and trustworthy.

Another point is that I can not imagine that (real, ) members of this Pentax forum would try to pick their gear from one another in any illegal way.

Well, I hope sincerely all messages in this thread will lead to less "conus only"-adds, .

Best regards,

JM

07-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea for a topic ck, which caused me to do some thinking -- I might write up my posts as an article.

Does anyone know what the problem is with Germany?
07-25-2008, 05:16 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Moved this thread to the 'site help' forum and added a link to it from Toshi's sticky here in the Marketplace.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #25

USPS for sure

Just add my vote to USPS.
Never had a problem with it.

Things arrive in Portugal rapidly and in good shape. Also the Portuguese post service is a lot better the than express couriers (too many bad experiences with TNT, DHL and UPS - no problems so far with World Courier but they are more expensive)

When shipping to Portugal please include a detailed receipt inside and the customs will dispatch things fast. Otherwise it will take several weeks (but always arrived).

Regards,
Luis
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Can somebody share the hints about sending to UK with USPS - anything
that I should pay attention to ?
07-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Can somebody share the hints about sending to UK with USPS - anything
that I should pay attention to ?
more specifically- which form to use - there is CP72 customs declaration
(big one, all white) and CN22 customs declaration (small one, half is green) ?

also what is the "good" way to mark the package on those forms : gift or commercial sample ?

thank you in advance.
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
Veteran Member

the green one otherwse you'll pay taxes on a used item, which is not even fair!!!
08-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Does anyone know what the problem is with Germany?
Not really, the first thing I hear of. I am from Germany and I am also buying a lot of stuff worldwide and had no delivery problems with any of the different couriers so far. The only thing I can think of are customs over here, almost none of the packages arrive without them beeing involved (inspection only as well as custom fees that had to be payed). This might take more time than expected but none of the packages disappeared totally so far.
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will ship overseas... most of the time... and a clarification

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
more specifically- which form to use - there is CP72 customs declaration
(big one, all white) and CN22 customs declaration (small one, half is green) ?

also what is the "good" way to mark the package on those forms : gift or commercial sample ?

thank you in advance.
QuoteOriginally posted by Substitute Quote
the green one otherwse you'll pay taxes on a used item, which is not even fair!!!
Straight from the US Post Office I go to (regularly) when shipping to my overseas Pentaxians: "The green customs form is normally for a package weighing less than 4 lbs... "

Be advised that the larger forms with multiple items can be a bit time consuming - it took me nearly 20 minutes to complete 3 of them, wait in line and then pay for everything, not including travel time to and from the post office. That's with the packages addressed and ready to go. I've been thanked for doing that in advance by the US Postal folks.

Again, I'll ship overseas... as long as you've got a valid address with PayPal... and I don't mind dropping the "price" somewhat, since it's "used"...

Cheers,
Marc