Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Help copying Flickr bbcode to paste in threads

For a while now I've been able to copy the bbcode from flick via my iPad and paste the link into threads with no issues.

A two finger technique got this to work. A month or so ago, after an IOS update on my iPad, this no longer worked. A further recent update to IOS10 hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone got a working way of posting flickr photos via the iPad to this forum?.... thanks in advance.

10-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tap and hold to open up the copy/paste menu, if that's what you're looking for.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Tap and hold to open up the copy/paste menu, if that's what you're looking for.
... that doesn't do it.... the whole bbcode is longer then the area that one can select..... there is no "select all" option and no way that I can determine to drag the selected point to the far right to get to the end of the string of text....you can only get to the end of the window.
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

thru-the-window-at-BMC | swanlefitte | Flickr

Did this work? Never tried from my phone but in the flickr app on my phone under share is "copy url"
Guess its just a link. I would like to know too.

10-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
... that doesn't do it.... the whole bbcode is longer then the area that one can select..... there is no "select all" option and no way that I can determine to drag the selected point to the far right to get to the end of the string of text....you can only get to the end of the window.
According to Apple, you have to tap 4 times to select the entire textbox. That's definitely a bit unintuitive compared to Android.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #6
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For a while now I've been able to copy the bbcode from flick via my iPad and paste the link into threads with no issues.

A two finger technique got this to work. A month or so ago, after an IOS update on my iPad, this no longer worked. A further recent update to IOS10 hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone got a working way of posting flickr photos via the iPad to this forum?.... thanks in advance.
Good to see you haven't washed away.

This may not be relevant to you as it's when using a desktop, but I've noticed that when I open up the BB code panel the link defaults to a size and the link is not highlighted. If I select/reselect the size I want the link is highlighted without me having to manually select the link.

That might be quicker than 4 taps.

Tas
10-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Neither of the above work. Maybe there is no way.

---------- Post added 03-10-16 at 05:44 PM ----------

Hi Tas.... not to bad down this way..... mostly north of Adelaide... see link for our status.

https://www.facebook.com/SAandAdelaideMemes/photos/a.288938947880443.65334.2...384742/?type=3

---------- Post added 03-10-16 at 06:04 PM ----------

Ok.... just found a way! Thanks all.

"Tap on the BBCode till you have a small area highlighted, now tap and hold the right bar ( the bar that is on the end and start of the highlighted text) and slowly track it down, out of the bbcode box. This should highlight the right part of the code, then move the left bar to the beginning of the code and then Copy"

Last edited by noelpolar; 10-03-2016 at 01:07 AM.
10-03-2016, 01:14 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I found this at flickr forums. Seems to work great for some but others cant make it work.

This works for me.........
Tap on the BBCode in the box once, it will flash grey once.

Then with two fingers at the 'same time' tap on the same BBcode in the box and iOS will select the entire text automatically and provide a 'copy' request.
10-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I found this at flickr forums. Seems to work great for some but others cant make it work.

This works for me.........
Tap on the BBCode in the box once, it will flash grey once.

Then with two fingers at the 'same time' tap on the same BBcode in the box and iOS will select the entire text automatically and provide a 'copy' request.
A similar way worked for me... but doesn't now.... not sure if it's just the update to ios or is hardware specific as well (ipad air 2 here)

Last edited by noelpolar; 10-03-2016 at 01:24 AM.
11-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A similar way worked for me... but doesn't now.... not sure if it's just the update to ios or is hardware specific as well (ipad air 2 here)
I've never found a solution. My iPad is now useless for posting Flickr pics On any forum.
11-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #11
Pentaxian

I have found a way to post from my iPad via the app FlickrManager but it's still quite fiddly.
11-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I have found a way to post from my iPad via the app FlickrManager but it's still quite fiddly.
Thanks Tim. I'll have to check it out.
11-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was able to post photos from Flickr BBCode through my iPad yesterday. So, it still works on iOS 10, for me.
11-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
I've never found a solution. My iPad is now useless for posting Flickr pics On any forum.
I've found a way....via the BBCode..... I just tap a character in or so from the left of the BBcde....then tap and hold there again until a small block of text is highlighted..... then drag the bottom rhs dot of the highlighted text box straight down... a little bit.... this stretches the high lighted text right to the end...... effectively highlighting everything.... except the LHS characters..... one then selects the LHS dot of the text block and stretches it to the far LHS..... then take finger off and then select the copy prompt that will appear...
11-24-2016, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #15
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've found a way....via the BBCode..... I just tap a character in or so from the left of the BBcde....then tap and hold there again until a small block of text is highlighted..... then drag the bottom rhs dot of the highlighted text box straight down... a little bit.... this stretches the high lighted text right to the end...... effectively highlighting everything.... except the LHS characters..... one then selects the LHS dot of the text block and stretches it to the far LHS..... then take finger off and then select the copy prompt that will appear...
Gee, written like this makes me think you must be a concert pianist.

...my mum thinks I'm unsophisticated...