Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I miss being able to leave a comment. I used to always add what it was about the post I liked, in just a few words, especially for the challenge photos where leaving a comment publicly is not usually done.

01-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I miss being able to leave a comment. I used to always add what it was about the post I liked, in just a few words, especially for the challenge photos where leaving a comment publicly is not usually done.
I agree. Though it's possible, of course, to leave a comment in the thread, being able to give a more personal short note seems best in come circumstances, AND it avoids cluttering a long thread with a dozen little notes.

One thing that happened just now as I went through the latest Weekly Challenge to "like" some photos, clicking the icon on one of the posts sent me to a new window asking if I'd like to leave a comment (I did), but subsequent "likes" were instantaneous and presented no opportunity to add a comment. (It must be said I'm on my older laptop with an ancient version of Safari built in the Stone Age, so perhaps that's the reason this happened.)

Last edited by Tamia; 01-18-2017 at 06:54 AM.
01-18-2017, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I agree. Though it's possible, of course, to leave a comment in the thread, being able to give a more personal short note seems best in come circumstances, AND it avoids cluttering a long thread with a dozen little notes.

One thing that happened just now as I went through the latest Weekly Challenge to "like" some photos, clicking the icon on one of the posts sent me to a new window asking if I'd like to leave a comment (I did), but subsequent "likes" were instantaneous and presented no opportunity to add a comment. (It must be said I'm on my older laptop with an ancient version of Safari built in the Stone Age, so perhaps that's the reason this happened.)
Yup, the browser is probably why. But in any case, the commenting feature is being phased out, so if you do want to leave a note, please do so in the thread.

Later on, once we get upgrades to the forum software, there will be more types of reactions than just thumbs up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am reminded of a comment my older daughter fre uently made as a toddler when she disagreed with something:

"I can't like that thing."

This is naturally now part of our family lexicon that serves to indoctrinate (or scare off) serious suitors.

01-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, the browser is probably why. ...
Could be, though I just liked your post and didn't get a chance to comment
01-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #21
Veteran Member

@Adam;
When I click like it occurs without a comment option but if I right-click open in new tab I get to a comment box, happened in all tests in different threads etc...
01-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@Adam;
When I click like it occurs without a comment option but if I right-click open in new tab I get to a comment box, happened in all tests in different threads etc...
Are you trying to say that you want me to block the page with the comment box?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-21-2017, 08:02 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@Adam;
Oh cool, so we still have the feature.