Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

issues with displayed photos/site width when viewing on mobile

a couple of things.

when viewing on a mobile (android browser), the site behaves a ltitle oddly.

if there is a notification and you click the notification window, the drop down display shows up way to the right, it's as though the displayed content which fills the view is only half of the total width, so you have to scroll into blank space to find the notifications tab

secondly,

it seems that recently pictures aren't displaying properly. this hasn't been an issue until recently. the site is resizing images without maintaining the proper aspect ratio. basically most are showing compressed horizontally.

anyone else notice this?

11-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
here's an example of the horizontal compression
Attached Images

11-13-2016, 05:17 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In your user CP options, what pixel width do you have selected for images?

Also, try clearing your cache as your browser may need to download the latest styesheets for a few recent design tweaks.

Finally, I'd recommend the mobile skin. It's a lot easier to use with a touchscreen.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm getting that every once in awhile too, on my android tablet. Pictures are elongated like the end of a old Clint Eastwood movie.

CP set to 1280 x 800

I'll try the other suggestions too

11-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have a max of 2000 wide and 1000 tall.

I'll try to clear the cache.

I've attached the notifications issue. I had to wait for one to show up. it only happens if the page is zoomed when you click on the notification. I can probably live with this one though. the more zoom the further off it goes. probably an issue of an absolute position for the box instead of relative.

---------- Post added 11-13-16 at 05:33 PM ----------

i cleared my cache and it made no difference.

the issue with auto resizing only affects attachments. if the image is posted from a hosted location it's fine and resizes as expected, attachments it does not.
Attached Images

11-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've rolled back a change that was made last week, so this should fix incorrect image dimensions.

As for the dropdown menu, I have no idea- you might want to try a different browser, but I'd definitely recommend the mobile skin regardless. Firefox, chome, and ghostery on Android should render just like desktop browsers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i've tried the mobile views for forums and i just can't do it. there are way too many features lacking. and they are clunky at best. i've had very few issues with sites (including this one) when using it as it would appear in a typical web application. the menu thing isn't a big deal, thanks for sorting out the attached image scaling. it looks good now!