Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exif viewer in the shutter count widget posted in the resources section

I asked this question in another thread on this forum about exif viewers. But the question was buried in the thread and I don't think many ppl saw it. So I'm going to post it again. First, a little history. I was having problems with exiftool, and asked if anyone knew of other exif viewers for Win 10. I got a lot helpful response. Eventually my problems with exiftool were sorted out and it's working again. In the meantime I was checking out my shutter count using the widget posted in the resources section of the forum. In doing that I noticed the exif viewer associated with that widget had a friendlier interface than exiftool's. Since I'm always looking for easier ways of getting data, and since that viewer has all of the data I'm interested in I'm hoping that I'll be able to use that one instead of exiftool. However I have no idea what it's called or where it can be found, if indeed it can be downloaded. If anyone knows anything about that exif viewer and if it can be downloaded I'd be grateful.

NaCl(simple is frequently better)H2O

11-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Since Adam implemented that widget, he'd be the one to tell you what it is or if it's downloadable. I'll move this thread to the appropriate place, i.e., Site Help.
11-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks pl!

NaCl(I'd be lost without this place)H2O
11-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ironically, our system also runs exiftool

I'd recommend bridge CC (it's free) if you're looking for software to organize your photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-17-2016, 05:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ironically, our system also runs exiftool

I'd recommend bridge CC (it's free) if you're looking for software to organize your photos.
I downloaded Bridge, but their exif data set is remarkably sparse. No MF/AF indication, no EV indication, no sensor temp, etc. I already have a system for photo organization that works well for me and I have no inclination to change it. The exif data listed in the shutter count widget is exactly what I'm looking for, and it is presented in an easy to use format. Exiftool has all the data, but it's not as easy to use. I would be a happy camper if that viewer was available.

NaCl(always looking to improve)H2O