Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2016, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry about that, Carol! I think you've donated so much that your actual renewal notice wasn't due until later (normally, you get an e-mail).

To clarify, the Black Friday donation has an annual renewal, but this can be cancelled directly through your paypal, or I can do it for you. If you use 2checkout instead of paypal, there is no renewal at all. A normal loyal site supporter upgrade is $150 for 2 years.

Please shoot me a PM w/ your paypal account and I will cover your fee, and hopefully get the next notification working properly

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2016, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
That's fine; however with a year passing, a notice would be nice. I'm not objecting to the cost at all; rather the surprise of the withdrawal.
I agree - notice would help. I once temporarily lost my Albums and Inbox because I didn't renew - without knowing a renewal payment was Past Due.

I was addressing others in the thread.
11-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sorry about that, Carol! I think you've donated so much that your actual renewal notice wasn't due until later (normally, you get an e-mail).

To clarify, the Black Friday donation has an annual renewal, but this can be cancelled directly through your paypal, or I can do it for you. If you use 2checkout instead of paypal, there is no renewal at all. A normal loyal site supporter upgrade is $150 for 2 years.

Please shoot me a PM w/ your paypal account and I will cover your fee, and hopefully get the next notification working properly
Adam, covering my fee is not necessary at all. It's my fault for being too careful and not keeping a larger balance in my PayPal checking account. As long as I can get a notification in the future, to give me time to transfer the necessary funds, that would be great! I will also mark next year's calendar to make sure. You run an exceptional site here, this was a glitch that took some of us by surprise.
11-25-2016, 12:45 PM   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, I've just gone back through my PayPal account and mine, in fact, is fine... I paid $49 this time last year (I thought I'd paid for two years, not one), and it's a recurring payment.

I understand Carol's surprise and sympathise... Although the recurring payment is driven by PayPal (and not the PF site), it would be good to have some sort of reminder or notification.

11-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Adam, covering my fee is not necessary at all. It's my fault for being too careful and not keeping a larger balance in my PayPal checking account. As long as I can get a notification in the future, to give me time to transfer the necessary funds, that would be great! I will also mark next year's calendar to make sure. You run an exceptional site here, this was a glitch that took some of us by surprise.
You should now get a notice for next year And yes, as I suspected, your account was upgraded through 2017 earlier, hence no notice.

Thanks again! And covering the fee isn't a problem, I will look in to it on my end.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #21
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam! Don't worry about the fee, as this site is certainly worth more than that fee, to me!