Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best photo of 2016 competition question

Hi Adam, If I understand it correctly, after January 31 you will close the contest to submissions, and then the photos entered in the contest will be open for commenting and the one with the most comments wins. I just entered a photo and noticed that my thread has shown up in the Post your Photos forum and people can comment on it now. Am I right in assuming the comments photos receive between now and January 31 do not count toward a winner? Thank you!

01-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do find this a little confusing also. The Best Photo of 2016 is showing up in different threads, so it's most difficult to keep track. It's taken over the Post Your Photos, & crowding out those images submitted that are not for the "Best Photo". Perhaps something like this should have it's own thread???
01-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The comments are intended to be organic, so anything posted now will count for the competition. At the end of the month, the "best of" prefix will simply be disabled.

Those browsing the forum should treat these submissions just like any other photo in PYP, since that's exactly what they are

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The comments are intended to be organic, so anything posted now will count for the competition. At the end of the month, the "best of" prefix will simply be disabled.

Those browsing the forum should treat these submissions just like any other photo in PYP, since that's exactly what they are
Thanks for the explanation. My feeling is there isn't much cohesion to the competition as photos can very quickly end up on page two of Post Your Photos on a busy day. It would make more sense to have it as a "sticky" at the top of Post Your Photos so all the entries are together. Anyway, great prizes thanks for running the comp.

01-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks for the explanation. My feeling is there isn't much cohesion to the competition as photos can very quickly end up on page two of Post Your Photos on a busy day. It would make more sense to have it as a "sticky" at the top of Post Your Photos so all the entries are together. Anyway, great prizes thanks for running the comp.
That's why I've set up a special gallery just for contest pics:

Post Your Photos! Grid View - PentaxForums.com

You're welcome to browse it now, but it will be promoted more once the contest closes. The order of the photos is random

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
ref best of 2016

is there a size limitation width and height ?
01-15-2017, 02:11 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dewolf Quote
is there a size limitation width and height ?
No, but be considerate of fellow users. I'd recommend 900-1200px for the long edge of your photo.

Adam

01-15-2017, 04:23 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No, but be considerate of fellow users. I'd recommend 900-1200px for the long edge of your photo.
i chose 1280 x as per suggested in post your photo's. would you like me to re-post it to 1200 ?

01-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by dewolf Quote
i chose 1280 x as per suggested in post your photo's. would you like me to re-post it to 1200 ?
No, 1280 is still fine IMO

Adam