Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is there a new auto log out?

Hello there, just wondering, is there a new auto log out on the forum if log in is inactive for some minutes or hours? Seems that if I’m away for a certain period I get automatically logged out and have to re-log in even when "remember me" is ticked.
Thank you.

01-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, I don't think so. Any chance you've lost the connection to your network?
01-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have no logging out since I switched to Mac. With Windows 10 it would happen from time to time that the network would drop out.
01-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Hello there, just wondering, is there a new auto log out on the forum if log in is inactive for some minutes or hours? Seems that if I’m away for a certain period I get automatically logged out and have to re-log in even when "remember me" is ticked.
Thank you.
If this happens, you will want to clear your browser cookies and cache, then log in again with the "remember me" option selected. That should fix the problem

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, yes clean forgot about cookies again

Don't think the network dropped out, will check the logs, maybe, at some stage

never had a log out like this before, not using mac or windows, I am using Firefox browser.

I'll check over time, but it is probably fixed now, cheers everyone.
01-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

not using mac or windows, I am using Firefox browser.
What are you using? phone or tablet?

In Windows which ever version, if you check in Device Manager under your network listing, right click your adapter name and chose properties, then click the "Power Management" tab, make sure there is no check mark in the first option. Checked turns the device off to save power.
01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Using LinuxMint 18.1, i'm certain that it is not network related, I may check the modem logs later, but only if it happens again.
Cheers, thank you.

01-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Using LinuxMint 18.1, i'm certain that it is not network related, I may check the modem logs later, but only if it happens again. Cheers, thank you.
I forgot about Linux versions. But the info I provided might help other members having this problem who are using Windows.
01-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It just happened again, so not sure what is going on, not sure if an update to Firefox is causing this or what. I was doing some downloads and the downloads completed. I will see if it happens again.
01-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
going by modem logs, up time is right, no connection reset, but I have had to re-log in, log in was idle for approx. 1 and half hours, i had a nap. This is new for me only started in last day or so, there has been no new update for Firefox, can;t remember what system updates there has been, anyway seems I'll have to live with it, would be nice to know what is doing it.
uptime shows the same.

extra: yes, and had to log in again, had visitor, up time has been constant, no drop out that I know of.

Last edited by beachgardener; 01-21-2017 at 11:08 PM.
01-23-2017, 12:56 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I suppose I'll have to get comfortable with being logged out when idle.
Or Adam is it better to try to log out if I know I’m going to be idle?
01-23-2017, 01:01 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I suppose I'll have to get comfortable with being logged out when idle.
Or Adam is it better to try to log out if I know I’m going to be idle?
Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies? You really shouldn't be getting logged out.

If you're on a password-protected home computer, there's not much of a reason to log out in between visits.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-23-2017, 01:45 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies? You really shouldn't be getting logged out. If you're on a password-protected home computer, there's not much of a reason to log out in between visits.
yes cleared cache and cookies, even used bleachbit

yes password protected home computer

I'll just see how it goes.
01-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I just talked to some friends of mine who are Linux gurus and they said you might have something corrupted in FF that you need to reset it. They gave me a link to give you.

How to Restore Firefox Settings to Their Default Values
01-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks all, it seems to be fixed now, I'll see how it goes. I cleared everything again.

and yes photolady95, thank you for your work, if the problem returns I'll certainly look at re-setting Firefox,

cheers.