Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #31
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A side-effect of this redesign is that all existing persistent cookies will no longer work, so everyone will have to log in again.
Yes, I was quite surprised that I had to log in this morning. Had to go look up my password, as I don't remember any of mine! Will we have to log in every day? That's kind of a pain/inconvenience; hope this can be changed!

01-30-2017, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I keep on getting logged off.
01-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #33
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Same here, refresh a page, and have to log in again!! This is getting to be a chore to stay on the forums!

Adam, can anything be done about this?
01-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I keep on getting logged off.
Same On Safari on iPhone 6S so far.

Edit: not sure what is the trigger. Was getting re promoted but now it worked without requiring a new login for two or three pages so far.

01-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Logged in this morning (had to look around my brain for the password...) but I haven't been logged out yet...
Make sure to click the Remember Me? box...
01-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You have changes the way the search engine works.

For some reason, no matter what you put, the forum search returns garbage, always has. You can type in "Got Squirrels images." copied from the thread title, check titles only, and it will not find the "Got Squirrel Shots" thread. In the past I'd scroll down to the general Google search at the bottom of the page, and it would find the thread, even though the forum search wouldn't. Now the bottom of the page doesn't return any results making the forum search function pretty much useless for locating threads you haven't bookmarked.

Someone needs to figure out how to make the search results more reliable.
Nice catch. The google searches should be back to working again!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2017, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The logout issue should now be fixed guys, just be sure to log out and in again one more time.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #38
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The logout issue should now be fixed guys, just be sure to log out and in again one more time.
It just happened to me again within the last few minutes. I logged out/in again, so will see if that fixes this.
01-30-2017, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #39
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, so far no more having to log in.

Thanks!
01-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #40
Site Supporter

I was having trouble with this issue for most of yesterday, but it does seem OK so far today.

Thanks for fixing what could have been a continual annoyance otherwise.
02-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
I was having trouble with this [having to log in frequently] issue for most of yesterday, but it does seem OK so far today.
Thanks for fixing what could have been a continual annoyance otherwise.

Well, i'm sad to report that a few days of not having to keep logging in have passed, and I have had to log in a few times per day over the past two or three days. [I have not kept track of exactly when the problem started again, or exactly how many times it has been happening again lately, but I just had to log in a moment ago in order to bring the thread up to date.] I deleted my pentaxforums.com cookies again (I think that was yesterday), but that seemed to offer no significant difference. So, something is still (or again) not right...

02-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I haven't seen that happen since the start. The one thing I have done was to delete old bookmarks.
02-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The system should be working fine now. Are you blocking any cookies?

The next time you get kicked out, please PM me the list of cookie names in your browser (those that start with bb, such as bbuserid). I don't need to know the contents.

Adam

02-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #44
Site Supporter

The system should be working fine now. Are you blocking any cookies?

The next time you get kicked out, please PM me the list of cookie names in your browser (those that start with bb, such as bbuserid). I don't need to know the contents.

No actual cookie blocking per se, but I do have CCleaner periodically delete "non-protected" cookies (but ~not~ routinely delete "protected" ones such as pentaxforums dot com and www dot pentaxforums dot com).

If I get booted out again, I will look for any "bb... "cookies" and let you know. [At the moment the are no "bb..." cookies.]

Thanks.
02-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #45

I had the login problem with Firefox on three systems (XP, Win7, Win10). Clearing the cache (ctrl-R) or deleting the cookies did not seem to help, so I nuked everything related to PF in Firefox

Logged out from PF
cleared the cache (ctrl-r)
deleted all cookies for pentaxforums
deleted all saved logins for PF
closed Firefox
Restarted Firefox, browsed to PF and logged in (check remember me)

In one case I had to login again after closing the tab with PF but it has been "remembering" my login since then.

I think you just have to delete the saved logins for http://www.pentaxforums (not https).