Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why does a vimeo link result in a blank post?

I tried to post a link to a vimeo clip of mine, but all I get is a white space in the post. No matter what colour I set the text, it's invisible. The post is in this thread:
Shinjuku Robot Restaurant - Japan - PentaxForums.com

I used to be able to post links to vimeo here, and they would appear with a preview image. I've tried typing text then adding a hyperlink to it, posting the hyperlink itself. Same result; white space and no apparent link.

The URL is:
QuoteQuote:
OK, that's bizarre. I just wrapped quote tags around the URL and the preview appeared.

I've used this discovery to alter the original post, but it doesn't make much sense.

02-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #2

I've notice if you put links to videos in posts when you preview your post the link often shows as a link with [ url ] tags. After you post message and it gets pushed out as part of the the thread then it shows as a video preview/thumbnail.

It's probably just the difference of how the board software processes links during various operations - edit preview vs posting (saving to disk) vs writing out the pages (posts).

Sometimes you have to refresh the browser page to get the video preview to show up.
02-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I've notice if you put links to videos in posts when you preview your post the link often shows as a link with [ url ] tags. After you post message and it gets pushed out as part of the the thread then it shows as a video preview/thumbnail.
OK. I wouldn't mind if the URL was visible without the preview image, but the post came up completely blank.

QuoteQuote:
It's probably just the difference of how the board software processes links during various operations - edit preview vs posting (saving to disk) vs writing out the pages (posts). Sometimes you have to refresh the browser page to get the video preview to show up.
Possibly! Out of interest - do you see a preview image in the thread in the Japan group? I'll try refreshing the page and completely clearing my browser cache. Thanks for the response!

---------- Post added 25-02-17 at 03:00 PM ----------

Strange - I put quote tags around the URL here and it displays the preview image. I put quote tags around the URL in the Japan forum and it just shows the URL. I've tried clearing the cache and refreshing the page, but no change.
02-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think it's because our embed code still requests the non-secure version of the view player. I will update that and then it should load for you

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: