Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2017, 06:17 AM   #16

It works! Good to see the forum back. Well done Adam :-)

03-04-2017, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Unfortunately, the server transfer was not successful. We were super close to being able to launch the new site, but I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight.

Sorry about the 6 hours of forum closure! We'll give it another shot tomorrow night, and hopefully this time things will go as planned.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2017, 06:54 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Well, the new server now has a copy of the actual forum's database from 30 minutes ago. So we were just off by a hair from being good to go.

Will do everything we can to keep the downtime limited to 1 hour tomorrow night.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2017, 07:28 AM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a complaint

got on site early this morning and was told that it wouldn't be available until 10:30 ish CST this AM

it is now 08:30ish CST

I would have missed about 2 hours being able to post photos

and drivel like this

what is going on????

please keep up the good work

thanks

03-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I have 200 pages of screenshots stored, so I can look at them and feel just like I am here...not a problem for me! You just do what you have to do, I'm covered!

Regards!
03-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
It is all Greek to me

In Adam we trust

Thank you Adam
Not Greek to me as I am taking a computer system administration course, but if Adam can keep this site working for 7 years and migrate the forum for "the other brand" then sure this site will migrate fine! In Adam we trust!

P.S. the new server makes me jealous.

通过我的 Nexus 6P 上的 Tapatalk发言
03-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Another migration attempt will be made at 11PM central time today (6AM GMT). Aiming for just one hour of forum closure; the homepage and reviews will remain online.

Adam

03-05-2017, 01:08 AM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
And we're back!

Adam

03-05-2017, 01:17 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i'm getting a lot of delays while refreshing or going to a new post.

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2017 at 09:19 ----------

took about 2 minutes to post it
03-05-2017, 01:33 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm currently working on addressing the latency. Have things gotten better on your end?

Adam

03-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian

yes, its nearly back to normal
03-05-2017, 02:27 AM   #27
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Hi Adam, for the non computer techy folk here i.e. me, will I notice or see any changes with this new server set up?

I for one do appreciate the time and effort you put in here to make this forum what it is, thank you.
03-05-2017, 02:30 AM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Hi Adam, for the non computer techy folk here i.e. me, will I notice or see any changes with this new server set up?

I for one do appreciate the time and effort you put in here to make this forum what it is, thank you.
Unless something broke along the way, then no. The server change allows us to continue installing the latest software, and will make performing backups much easier.

Adam

Adam

03-05-2017, 02:33 AM   #29
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Thanks for that, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing out on any of the new built in cleverness.
03-05-2017, 02:50 AM   #30
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

thumbs up