Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2017, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #121
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I've seen several database errors - reloading the site seems to fix the problem on my end...
I've had database errors, and earlier today it was taking quite a long time to load pages and update posts - around 10 seconds or so.

Seems OK at the moment, though not super-quick...

03-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #122
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I've had database errors, and earlier today it was taking quite a long time to load pages and update posts - around 10 seconds or so.

Seems OK at the moment, though not super-quick...
ditto
03-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #123
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Same. Better now than earlier, but still slowish.
03-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #124
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think some server techs restarted the database server several times overnight, which resulted in some downtime and crashes that needed repairing. Sorry about that!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2017, 01:59 AM   #125
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No problem Adam - I'm sure it's just teething problems that will soon sort themselves. Coincidentally - How big is the site?
03-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #126
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam

earlier I was posting to the forum and no problem with the data link for the photo showing up and working

however the last 2 I posted, no such luck - it reads "attached images"

here is the latest attempt:

Post your HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW pictures! - PentaxForums.com

am I doing something wrong or what is going on?
03-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #127
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Adam

earlier I was posting to the forum and no problem with the data link for the photo showing up and working

however the last 2 I posted, no such luck - it reads "attached images"

here is the latest attempt:

Post your HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW pictures! - PentaxForums.com

am I doing something wrong or what is going on?
I'm seeing photos in each of the posts. How many photos did you intend to upload in each post?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #128
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
No problem Adam - I'm sure it's just teething problems that will soon sort themselves. Coincidentally - How big is the site?
I'm actively working to smoothen things out each day. There are quite a few tasks to complete, fortunately most have gone smoothly.

The site isn't that big, but the search index is the main problem. I'll have to completely re-do the system, or migrate to a new forum package, for it to scale well with our growing post database.

Adam

03-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #129
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm seeing photos in each of the posts. How many photos did you intend to upload in each post?
just one, it is the fact that in the past when I posted photos like I did, I got a link to the exif data

that link isn't there instead it says "attached image"
03-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #130
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
just one, it is the fact that in the past when I posted photos like I did, I got a link to the exif data

that link isn't there instead it says "attached image"
It's possible that the exif reader is malfunctioning on the new server. But, as long as the image is there, the basics are definitely working.

I will check the exif system later today. If there turns out to have been an issue, you will have to delete and re-upload the attachments for which you want EXIF info.

Adam

03-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #131
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's possible that the exif reader is malfunctioning on the new server. But, as long as the image is there, the basics are definitely working.

I will check the exif system later today. If there turns out to have been an issue, you will have to delete and re-upload the attachments for which you want EXIF info.
Ok thanks for all of your help
03-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just a heads up. Tonight the system was a bit sluggish and I got at least one instance of a 503 error. Refreshed that page again and all was well albeit slower than normal.
03-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #133
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
EXIF functionality should now be restored

I can rebuild the exif display for photos you uploaded that were not scaled by the system- shoot me the URL to the thread you'd like checked. If the photo was scaled, you'll have to re-upload. Note that this only applies to threads posted today- EXIF was working fine prior to today.

The 503 errors were caused by system restarts for the above.

Adam

03-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #134
smf
Pentaxian

I agree

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
The site is working very well, and now blazing fast for me on Macs that don't have the latest browsers. Even my ancient laptop running a stone-age Safari is fast. Thanks Adam for [1] letting us know this migration was going to happen and when, so we would be in the loop if we experienced trouble and, [2] for all your hard work, especially behind the scenes, to make this site so welcoming and open to folks using all manner of internet connections (some still use dial-up) and ages of browsers/computers.
I add my praise and thanks.
Stu