Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Unable to upload photo

Hi Adam, trying to upload a photo for the Flowing Water monthly contest and it won't upload. Uploading as an attachment from my computer. Using Safari. Deleted cookies, tried going thru the link posted when you log onto the monthly contest site and also through the thread describing next months contest. The upload screen is showing, my link is showing, but after about 20 seconds my upload link just disappears. Glitch, just me, anyone else having this problem?

Well, I finally got it to upload by reducing the size from 1200 x 793 px. to 1000 x 662. I didn't realize that 1200 was too wide. Never had this problem before but these old bones learn something new everyday.

Last edited by slowpez; 04-02-2017 at 08:50 AM.
04-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Hi Adam, trying to upload a photo for the Flowing Water monthly contest and it won't upload. Uploading as an attachment from my computer. Using Safari. Deleted cookies, tried going thru the link posted when you log onto the monthly contest site and also through the thread describing next months contest. The upload screen is showing, my link is showing, but after about 20 seconds my upload link just disappears. Glitch, just me, anyone else having this problem?

Well, I finally got it to upload by reducing the size from 1200 x 793 px. to 1000 x 662. I didn't realize that 1200 was too wide. Never had this problem before but these old bones learn something new everyday.
I'll check our logs, but normally scaling shouldn't be a problem. Our new server does have a fairly conservative firewall, however, and it's possible that the original version of the file had some weird headers that triggered it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll check our logs, but normally scaling shouldn't be a problem. Our new server does have a fairly conservative firewall, however, and it's possible that the original version of the file had some weird headers that triggered it.
Thanks Adam. I have never had a problem before but things seem to be running a lot slower for me to so it may be something on my end.