Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Page number listings for multi-page threads

It would be nice to see the last page number on the quicklinks for multi-page threads.

I know the Last Page link takes you to that last page, but if you could see the actual page number, it would be good to see how much activity the thread has had.

08-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Isn't that already a feature of the current thread navigation menu? See below:
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's correct for the forum itself, but for specific threads, it shows 1 2 3 ... Last Page.

Instead have it show 1 2 3 ... x Last Page. The x and Last Page are a bit redundant right next to each other, so maybe just 1 2 3 ... x.

I don't know if it's a trivial change or not, but for multi-page threads it's nice to see at a glance what the last page number is.

Edit: I just noticed that hovering over the Last Page link does show the last page number appended to the thread name. So this may be moot.
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's a screenshot taken off a thread page, so I still don't see what you mean.

If, for instance, a thread has 4 pages, the bar will say "Page 1 of 4, Show 1 2 3 x Last Page." Apart from the redundancy in this case, you can still see how many pages the thread has total, and jump to any page you want.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-14-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster

This is where I'm talking about. Before you ever click on the thread.
08-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ah, I see. Just glance a bit to the right and you'll see how many posts/views the thread has had! Each page has 15 posts, so that's your quick and easy way of judging the size.

I did check out the template that deals with the display of the (1 2 3 ... Last Page) navigation area, and it actually is possible for me to change the "Last Page" link to read the last page number. I think, however, that while some would like that change, others would be annoyed by the new small size of the link they're used to clicking.

Adam

08-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Don't sweat it, Adam. There is plenty of information if you want it, such as "Last post date", useful if it is a slow thread, and then who cares anyway :-) Otherwise, the Quicklinks "Today's posts" is fine.

08-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Agreed.

But here's a nice compromise: now if you hover over the icon, the total number of pages will now be shown!

Adam

08-14-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's awesome. Thanks for looking at it. Nice, elegant solution.