Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

mobile setup

does anyone know whether there is a setup to view forum on a pda. i use the ipaq.

10-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When on the PDA, you can use the forum with full functionality easily with the mobile skin. Just access the site via your device and you should see the skin.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Last edited by Adam; 10-04-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Fixed link
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
the links don't seem to work. I'll try from the laptop. Thanks Adam.
10-03-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just a small typo. Fixed

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your efforts Adam.

Funny thing is I can't access it thru the pda - gives me page not found. From the laptop it's ok. The quick reply using the pda doesn't work for me either.

I found I couldn't login to ebay from the pda either. Yet gmail is fantastic - automatically configures to read on a mobile device.

Been trying to connect using my pda for ages. Anyone else use a pda or pocket pc??
10-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you're getting a 404 error, you must have typed in the wrong url. Try navigating from the www.pentaxforums.com homepage.

I occasionally access the site from my Palm Lifedrive, and it works fine

Adam

10-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
When on the PDA, you can use the forum with full functionality easily with the Lo-Fi skin. Just access the site via https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/index.php?styleid=4 and you'll be able to post threads and replies.
All this does is open a new window. If you're talking about skins, I can't see the Lo-Fi, unless you're talking about the Dial-up skin which I already use, for simplicity.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Alternatively, you can view the a text-only, PDA-formatted forum version here: . Note that you cannot post through this version.
The second link gives me a

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

and I couldn't have typed it incorrectly since it is a link.

Any ideas? Thanks
10-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The link doesn't work in my normal browser either- I must have typed something in incorrectly.

This one should work:

Edit: I fixed the other link, and yes, I'm talking about the Dial-Up skin.

Adam

10-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam - the link works just fine now.
10-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ok- enjoy

Adam