Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2017, 05:10 AM   #1
Forum Member

Failed Login Notification?

I've received two emails t 12:11 AM, both stating:

"Someone has tried to log into your account on PentaxForums.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: xxxxxxxxxxxx

All the best,
PentaxForums.com"

The IP address is my home wifi network.

Any idea what this is about?

07-29-2017, 05:21 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
This happened to me last weekend too Rick, but not before or since. I have a feeling that I tried to log in just as the page refreshed itself and it didn't recognize my IP as me. I waited the 15 minutes ( as per my email !! ) and all was good. Just a minor glitch.
07-29-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
This happened to me last weekend too Rick, but not before or since. I have a feeling that I tried to log in just as the page refreshed itself and it didn't recognize my IP as me. I waited the 15 minutes ( as per my email !! ) and all was good. Just a minor glitch.
Thanks Peter! I was less concerned once I figured out the IP address was my own WiFi network.
07-29-2017, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's your home IP I wouldn't worry about it

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
It just happened again. I think it is related to using Tapatalk to access the forum.
07-29-2017, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by rmcnelly Quote
It just happened again. I think it is related to using Tapatalk to access the forum.
It's possible, as I saw some error messages related to tapatalk. If you try to log in with an invalid cookie it will count as a failed login, it's possible that the cookie isn't being reset properly. I would also recommend that you try clearing your cookies on your desktop.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Failed Login Notification?

Bringing this back. Happens to me several times a day, accessing using Tapatalk. There is no evidence that my access is actually impeded, but it’s filling my inbox and it’s a nuisance.

Four other forums I access through Tapatalk never exhibit this behavior.

They seem to come in threes and fours at a time, all with the same time stamp.

Rick “hoping this can be diagnosed and fixed” Denney

03-08-2018, 02:09 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
Bringing this back. Happens to me several times a day, accessing using Tapatalk. There is no evidence that my access is actually impeded, but it’s filling my inbox and it’s a nuisance.

Four other forums I access through Tapatalk never exhibit this behavior.

They seem to come in threes and fours at a time, all with the same time stamp.

Rick “hoping this can be diagnosed and fixed” Denney
Logging out and back in might fix this. I've also deployed a couple of changes on our end. If the issue persists, please let me know.

Adam

03-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you. I had already tried logging out and back in. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Rick “appreciative” Denney
03-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No joy.

Rick “who just opened Tapatalk for the first time since this morning” Denney
03-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Strange this just happened to me just now, never had this issue before.

03-09-2018, 03:03 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by rdenney Quote
No joy.

Rick “who just opened Tapatalk for the first time since this morning” Denney
QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Strange this just happened to me just now, never had this issue before.
I think I've identified the piece of tapatalk code causing this issue. You guys will have to log out and back in to clear your cookies and prevent subsequent notifications.

In case they do continue, I've enabled enhanced logging so we can see exactly what's going on.

Adam

03-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just signed out and back in, and will monitor. Thanks, Adam, for your help.

Rick “appreciative” Denney
03-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Yeah had to pretty much wait to be able to sign back on, but now im unable to sign in through Tapatalk
03-10-2018, 11:27 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Yeah had to pretty much wait to be able to sign back on, but now im unable to sign in through Tapatalk
You ability to sign in shouldn't be affected. Were you ultimately able to get in?

Adam