Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New user title for loyal members!

I've tried to add a bit of creativity to our user title ladder by adding a new "Pentaxian" rank at the 1,000 post mark. All current members with more than a thousand posts have now received the title! Here's an up-to-date list of titles:

New Member 0~24 posts
Junior Member 25~49 posts
Member 50~99 posts
Senior Member 100~299 posts
Loyal Member 300~999 posts
Pentaxian 1,000+ posts

Please note that at this time, user titles have no impact whatsoever on forum permissions or upload space, though it is possible they will in the future.

The "Site Supporter" title obtained after donating overrides this ladder.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #2

if its not too troublesome, the ranking system for supporters also base on post counts (or amount donated even) would be nice
08-21-2008, 01:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam that's so nice. But I've been a Pentaxian even before I joined the forum.
08-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nupentaxian Quote
if its not too troublesome, the ranking system for supporters also base on post counts (or amount donated even) would be nice
Come now; that would be a bit degrading. Any and all help is appreciated, and they all give as much as they can afford. I really don't see "petty donor" and "important donor" as user titles.

08-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Come now; that would be a bit degrading. Any and all help is appreciated, and they all give as much as they can afford. I really don't see "petty donor" and "important donor" as user titles.
Right on; any amount helps the site and I won't be separating supporters by donation level.

In the future, however, as more features are added to the site, Pentaxians will receive an account upgrade similar to that of Site Supporters, as a sign of my gratitude to them for contributing so much content and so many posts to the site. Also, Site Supporters might then have the option to donate again upgrading their account with more space in case they have filled the current 20Mb/200 photo limits. Other features may also be introduced for supporters only, but my goal here is to keep the site free for all users.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I like ftpaddict have been a Pentaxian for many years now (see my sig).

So thats now just 994 posts to go
08-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Even Pentax defines me as a "Die Hard Pentaxian" on the site. I guess having owned six bodies since 1961 and currently having three bodies and eight lenses and other accessories just might have done it. LOL

08-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Member" is good enough for me.

Chris
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Yes, a simple "member" designation is sufficient. Though, I like what Adam has done here. I think his title ladder is fitting...and now we will all be shooting (no pun intended) for that noble "Pentaxian" title (I know I will be).

Officially, I have been a Pentaxian since 2003 (my first Pentax purchase). However, I have been a "Pentaxian-at-heart" ever since about 1980.

Glen
08-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Now I'm jealous of the "Pentaxian" tag! Can someone who's a site supporter & has 1000+ posts be "Uber Pentaxian"?
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On another photo forum I participate in members who made an optional contribution
had little gold stars added next to their names. This almost caused a total revolt there.

Chris
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Definitely won't be adding icons, since those just clutter up the postbit.

However, in the near future, I'm planning to add increased storage space for "Pentaxians" as well as (even more) "Site Supporters." More surprises might be in store, too

Adam

09-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #13
Veteran Member

If I post here as much as the Australian Ford Forums .... I reckon I'd get to the 13,000 post I have reached on there ... night shift accounts to that.
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I think it is a great idea.

Dave
10-06-2008, 03:54 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Wow, more storage for photos? That is very cool. I can hardly fill the current quota up