Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
There are two review pages for the kiron/vivitar 24mm f2, they can be amalgamated.

Vivitar (Kiron - serial 22xxxxx) 24mm F2 Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

10-26-2018, 03:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Please Help cannot connect to forum!!!

Have not been able to connect to the forum at all over the last couple of days. At first thought that it may be down. When typing in the page it hangs and after 30 seconds no server connection message comes up. All other forum and web sites OK.

Connected last night while out by my phone. PC will not connect – until I turn on VPN then reporting from Australia alls well!

What's happening please? My suspicion is that somehow my IP address is being inadvertently blocked by the forum. There is certainly no reason why this should be the case as I have been IMO very well behaved and generally polite and hopefully helpful.

So could a moderator have a look and suggest a solution please

Thanks
Tony

Last edited by TonyW; 10-26-2018 at 03:59 AM.
10-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
There are two review pages for the kiron/vivitar 24mm f2, they can be amalgamated.
Done! Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam, I’m back 😁

11-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

focusing screens review section

Adam:

Because the 645Z does not list any of the "A" screens in the screen accessories list in its operating manual, I believe the title of the first review, now Pentax AB-82 Focusing screen for 645D, 645z should be "Pentax 645 AB-82 Focusing screen used with 645D, 645Z."

Also, there are three other 645 "A" type screens to list, if not immediately review, as well as three different screens listed in the 645Z operating manual. (I don't have a "D" operating manual to check.) The additional screen entries could be placeholders for now using art from the respective operating manuals.

[In your spare time]
11-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by kaseki Quote
Adam:

Because the 645Z does not list any of the "A" screens in the screen accessories list in its operating manual, I believe the title of the first review, now Pentax AB-82 Focusing screen for 645D, 645z should be "Pentax 645 AB-82 Focusing screen used with 645D, 645Z."

Also, there are three other 645 "A" type screens to list, if not immediately review, as well as three different screens listed in the 645Z operating manual. (I don't have a "D" operating manual to check.) The additional screen entries could be placeholders for now using art from the respective operating manuals.

[In your spare time]
Fixed! I think these listings are user-submitted. If you can add the others here, I can move them to the correct section:

Login - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Fixed! I think these listings are user-submitted. If you can add the others here, I can move them to the correct section:

Login - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
OK, I'll work on it. Because I have few of them I can't review them all. I am thinking that I could generate a topic called something like "Listing of 645 focusing screens" that would appear at the top. It could name and diagram the layouts, but would not itself provide opinion or purchase price info. Then following that "item" would be any actual reviews, particularly of their use outside their normal scope. Does this violate the organizational concept too much?

I just inveigled rdehney to report his experience with the AA-82 on the 645Z that he essentially already did in an active thread in the medium format section. So we may have another review available in the fullness of time.

11-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

OK, I'll work on it. Because I have few of them I can't review them all. I am thinking that I could generate a topic called something like "Listing of 645 focusing screens" that would appear at the top. It could name and diagram the layouts, but would not itself provide opinion or purchase price info. Then following that "item" would be any actual reviews, particularly of their use outside their normal scope. Does this violate the organizational concept too much?

I just inveigled rdehney to report his experience with the AA-82 on the 645Z that he essentially already did in an active thread in the medium format section. So we may have another review available in the fullness of time.
The DB listings are essentially just a placeholder for the product name and image. Reviews shouldn't be put in the description (some people do that, though), but rather added as replies using the review button.

Adam

11-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The DB listings are essentially just a placeholder for the product name and image. Reviews shouldn't be put in the description (some people do that, though), but rather added as replies using the review button.
I have uploaded an overview for this page:
Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
The overview should use the same photo (plastic box) that the AB-82 item used. The AB-82 photo (plastic box) should be moved into the existing AB-82 review. On this page Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database the AB-82 image used should be replaced by an appropriately sized focusing screen layout image from the Pentax 645N camera operating manual. See below. I will be using others I've captured of these for the various other placeholder focusing screen "items" as I get time.

You may wish to give credit to Pentax or Ricoh in some small font for these captures. I'm unclear what relationship you have with them w.r.t. using imagery they have published.

It occurs to me that I am unclear what your login link does with the information given. I expect the title to be in the page above and the text to be in the page pointed to by your link. Let me know if I don't understand.

P.S. I have mistakenly duplicated "Pentax" in the title line on a few submissions. Please fix where applicable.
P.P.S. The overview should appear above the A series (and TBD U series) items.
Attached Images

Last edited by kaseki; 11-12-2018 at 03:36 PM.
11-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I have uploaded an overview for this page:
Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
The overview should use the same photo (plastic box) that the AB-82 item used. The AB-82 photo (plastic box) should be moved into the existing AB-82 review. On this page Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database the AB-82 image used should be replaced by an appropriately sized focusing screen layout image from the Pentax 645N camera operating manual. See below. I will be using others I've captured of these for the various other placeholder focusing screen "items" as I get time.

You may wish to give credit to Pentax or Ricoh in some small font for these captures. I'm unclear what relationship you have with them w.r.t. using imagery they have published.

It occurs to me that I am unclear what your login link does with the information given. I expect the title to be in the page above and the text to be in the page pointed to by your link. Let me know if I don't understand.

P.S. I have mistakenly duplicated "Pentax" in the title line on a few submissions. Please fix where applicable.
P.P.S. The overview should appear above the A series (and TBD U series) items.
I've gone ahead and fixed the titles (the brand was being repeated), and added that image.

As for the overview, that is something we'd want to place in a forum thread instead (in the 645 forum or in the articles) , since the accessory database is meant to have entries for individual products.

Adam

11-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've gone ahead and fixed the titles (the brand was being repeated), and added that image.
Thanks

As for the overview, that is something we'd want to place in a forum thread instead (in the 645 forum or in the articles) , since the accessory database is meant to have entries for individual products.
Ah, the articles. I hadn't noticed those yet. I have captured a copy of what I wrote, so you can delete the overview without any inconvenience to me. I will try to write at least a pointer article for the appropriate article section or supplement one already there depending on what I find when I look into it.
11-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks

Ah, the articles. I hadn't noticed those yet. I have captured a copy of what I wrote, so you can delete the overview without any inconvenience to me. I will try to write at least a pointer article for the appropriate article section or supplement one already there depending on what I find when I look into it.
Great- I will take care of that then. Thanks for the contributions and please holler if you need any more help from my end.

Adam

11-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I might as well establish items covering the 645D/Z series screens. However, there does not seem to be a route to insert new accessories into the "Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax)" category. It seems to be missing from the drop-down list.
11-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I might as well establish items covering the 645D/Z series screens. However, there does not seem to be a route to insert new accessories into the "Focusing Screens (Genuine Pentax)" category. It seems to be missing from the drop-down list.
That's intentional, to allow us to review the items placed into that category. If you upload to the misc category, I can move those entries for you.

Adam

11-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Done. (Feel free to add your undoubted much greater Pentax experience than mine to what I wrote.)