Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Adam: is there a way of pulling up all the reviews I've posted, in a similar manner to threads, posts...
Also I was thinking that the best way of making sure that images in the reviews don't go missing would be to upload them onto your servers. Might it not be a good idea to have some space for that. Some images are big like the composite ones I have linked to in wide angle 24mm, 28mm lens reviews eg

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/hoya-28mm-f2-8-hmc-wide-auto.html

10-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #47
Administrator
Site Webmaster

From your profile page, click on recent reviews, and you'll find the link to view all at the bottom.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2020, 03:15 AM   #48
Pentaxian

In the lens database entry for the HD Pentax-D FA 70-210mm F4 ED SDM WR is written:
"The lens has no provision for a tripod mount."

That's wrong, it has the option to mount the separate available Tamron A034TM.

Last edited by angerdan; 05-28-2020 at 02:43 PM.
02-23-2020, 12:29 PM   #49
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Has this been mentioned in any press release or hands on test? If not, we'll be sure to test it out alongside the in-depth review, and update the database accordingly.

Also, I wonder if Pentax has plans to release its own version of the collar? Perhaps not, to encourage upgrades to the 70-200mm instead?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
  1. Has this been mentioned in any press release or hands on test?
  2. If not, we'll be sure to test it out alongside the in-depth review, and update the database accordingly.
  3. Also, I wonder if Pentax has plans to release its own version of the collar?
  4. Perhaps not, to encourage upgrades to the 70-200mm instead?
  1. No, but the outer lens design is the same like the Tamron-version:
    pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/401813-hd-pentax-d-fa-70-210mm-f-4-ed-sdm-wr.html#post4904928
    pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/401813-hd-pentax-d-fa-70-210mm-f-4-ed-sdm-wr-8.html#post4908720
  2. Great!
  3. I doubt it
  4. possible
The complete weight with hood and tripod collar attached will be 1014g:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_D_FA_70-210mm_lens
02-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks. For now, we are not going to make any changes to the listing, pending empirical testing of the collar.

Adam

05-16-2020, 11:40 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Adam

For the SMC Pentax 135-600mm F6.7 Reviews - K Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database the Max. Magnification is 1:4 with the close-up adapter attached. Just tested and measured today.

Also, the Rear Converters A 1.4x-L and A 1.4x-S are compatible.

05-25-2020, 12:48 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Thanks
New updates/corrections incoming:
From all 10 "Recently-Announced Lenses", only two does contain the Pentax Product Code (645 35mm F3.5 & D FA 70-210mm F4).

All other eight lenses doesn't have the Product Code in the data table:
  • HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm F2.8 ED SDM WR
  • HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR
  • HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW
  • HD Pentax-D FA* 85mm F1.4 SDM AW
  • HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED
  • HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE
  • HD Pentax-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW
  • HD Pentax-FA 35mm F2
Part number for D FA* 85mm:
05-25-2020, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Also, the Rear Converters A 1.4x-L and A 1.4x-S are compatible.
Thanks, I've added these details!

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
All other eight lenses doesn't have the Product Code in the data table:
Could you please provide the missing data below:

Pentax Forums Database Corrections - Google Sheets

Otherwise @Ole may need to dig them up.

Adam

05-25-2020, 04:05 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Could you please provide the missing data below:
Pentax Forums Database Corrections - Google Sheets
Done!
Only the L-Versions with plastic-mount are left.
05-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for adding those, all should now be in the DB!

Adam

05-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #57
Pentaxian

For now, we are not going to make any changes to the listing, pending empirical testing of the collar.
I'd see it's already changed just after i'd found the verification...
Now it's clear that you can display the Tamron A034TM as accessory for use with the Pentax D FA 70-210mm:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/hd-pentax-d-fa-70-210mm-f4-ed-sdm-w...?reviewid=9918
Tripod collar for HD PENTAX-D FA 70-210mm F4 ED SDM WR? | PENTAXever.com
PENTAXever - YES! Now we know that Tamron A034TM Tripod... | Facebook
Pentax Rumors - Tamron A034TM tripod collar... | Facebook
Twitter
05-28-2020, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
This info was added to the database a while ago, after we did our in-depth review.

Adam

06-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam
I was going to put up a listing for an opteka VL126 LED light, but there isn't an obvious category. I suggest flashes be renamed flashes and LED...?
06-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #60
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd just put it in misc for now. I think it would be better to have a dedicated category for continuous lighting gear, and I can move everything there once it's created.

Adam